Top 11 Places to Visit in Vietnam for Honeymoon Couple
Posted on By Blog Admin
Vietnam: a perfect destination for honeymooners seeking romantic getaways. If you’re planning your dream honeymoon, look no further than the stunning places to visit in Vietnam for a honeymoon. This Southeast Asian gem offers an enchanting blend of natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and captivating experiences that will create lasting memories. From serene countryside escapes to luxurious beach resorts and vibrant city adventures, Vietnam has it all. Picture yourself cruising through the emerald waters of Halong Bay, strolling hand in hand along the charming streets of Hoi An, or immersing yourselves in the romantic ambiance of the Mekong Delta. Whether seeking tranquillity, adventure, or a mix of both, Vietnam will exceed your expectations. Get ready for an extraordinary journey as you explore the hidden gems of Vietnam and embark on a honeymoon that you’ll cherish forever.. It is recommended for honeymooners and has places to include in your Vietnam honeymoon package.
Is Vietnam a Good Destination for a Honeymoon?
If you’re seeking the perfect blend of romance and adventure for your dream honeymoon, look no further than Vietnam. This Southeast Asian gem has it all and more! Discover the magic of Vietnam as you embark on a journey that will ignite your hearts and create cherished memories.
Picture yourselves strolling hand-in-hand along the stunning white-sand beaches of Nha Trang, basking in the warm sun and turquoise waters. Indulge in a private candlelit dinner on the breathtaking Halong Bay, surrounded by majestic limestone cliffs and emerald waters, where your love will truly soar.
But Vietnam isn’t just about pristine beaches. Dive into the vibrant culture of Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where ancient temples and lantern-lit streets provide a romantic backdrop for your honeymoon escapades. For the adventurous souls, embark on a thrilling journey through the lush landscapes of Sapa, where you’ll trek hand-in-hand through terraced rice fields and encounter tribal communities, offering you a glimpse into their rich traditions and warm hospitality.
Rest assured, Flying Squirrel Holidays understands that your honeymoon deserves nothing but the best. Vietnam boasts luxurious resorts and boutique hotels that will pamper you with indulgent spa treatments, private pool villas, and breathtaking views at every turn.
So why wait? Let Vietnam be the backdrop of your love story as you embark on an unforgettable honeymoon adventure. Discover Vietnam’s beauty, romance, and adventure, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Your ultimate honeymoon destination awaits!
Best Places to Visit in Vietnam for Honeymoon
We have picked up some of the top places to visit in Vietnam for your honeymoon.
1. Dalat Valley
The valley of love is a hill station in Vietnam known for its rolling mountains surrounded by green pine trees, blossoming flowers, gardens, lakes, waterfalls and pleasant climate make it one of the most romantic places in Vietnam.
How to reach?
You can take a direct flight to lien Khuong from Ho Chi Minn City which takes about 45 minutes. After that, you can take a bus or car to reach Dalat Valley.
Things to do in Dalat Valley
- Xuan Huong- You can take a romantic ride in swan-shaped paddle boats in the lake.
- Flower Gardens- Hold your lover’s hands and wander along with the beautiful flower gardens of Dalat Flower Park and Minh Roses Garden etc.
- Waterfalls- You can head to some amazing waterfalls like Elephant Waterfalls, Datanla Waterfalls etc.
- Cruise- You can cruise on the warm waters of the lake like Xuan Huong.
- Swiss Belresort Tuyen Lam Dalat- prices start from INR 3,800 per night.
- Terracotta Hotel & Resort- prices start from INR 3,400 per night.
- Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel- prices start from INR 7,600 per night.
- Ana Villas Dalat Resort & Spa- prices start from INR 5,000 per night.
- Dalat Edensee Resort & Spa- prices start from INR 5,800 per night.
Where to dine at?
- Anna’s Coffee House- One of the best places to brunch and their burrito and waffles are best in town.
- Artist Alley Restaurant- It consists of a mix of local and European dishes with chicken soup and avocado salad being their most famous dishes.
- Wooden House- A romantic restaurant with a stunning view and is a perfect place for steak lovers.
It is a picture-perfect place for couples to get an escape from the big cities. This place is surrounded by majestic mountains, terrace paddy fields and breathtaking valleys. The town is enchanting enough to make your stay here for a long time as there are numerous places to explore.
How to reach?
You can take a bus or train from Ho Chi Minn City which will drop you off in the SaPa region.
Things to do in Sapa
- Views- Enjoy the scenic views of the Muong Hoa Valley and Fansipan Mountain.
- Love Fountain- Take a dip in the waters of the fountain with your partner.
- Heaven Gate- Climb the heaven gate for the panoramic view of the entire town.
- Love Market- Wander along with the lovely market with your special one.
- My Boutique Hotel & Spa- prices start from INR 2,200 per night.
- Aira Boutique Sapa Hotel & Spa- prices start from INR 4,000 per night.
- Sapa Clay House- Mountain Retreat- prices start from INR 6,000 per night.
- Eco Palms House- prices start from INR 8,000 per night.
- Silk Path Grand Resort & Spa- prices start from INR 5,000 per night.
Where to dine at?
- Aira Sapa Restaurant & Bar- It offers a lovely presentation of local dishes like chicken rice and green tea crepes in a lovely setting.
- Sapa Sky View Restaurant & Bar- A restaurant with a breathtaking view and its favourite dishes are egg coffee, beef noodles and vegetable spring rolls etc.
- Paradise Restaurant- Famous for Vietnamese cuisine, fresh spring rolls, papaya salad, fried rice and pork rolls are the must-try dishes.
3. Mai Chau
Mai Chau is the perfect location for people who want some peace and quiet and want to stay amidst nature. Here, the villages offer you a lot of knowledge about the culture of the region and give you an opportunity to stay in a stilt Thai home. You can participate in local celebrations like dance and music with your partner.
How to reach?
Mai Chau has great bus connectivity. You can take a bus from Hanoi which takes about 4 hours to reach Mai Chau.
Things to do in Mai Chau
- Thac Go Lao Waterfalls- Take a romantic dip in the waters with your loved one.
- Cycling- You can enjoy cycling around the rice fields.
- Homestays- Book your stay at one of the romantic homestays.
- Cave- Get to explore the famous Chieu Cave.
- Mai Chau Lodge- prices start from INR 3,800 per night.
- Mai Chau Ecolodge- prices start from INR 6,500 per night.
- Mai Chau Villas- prices start from INR 6,000 per night.
- Mai Chau Valley View Hotel- prices start from INR 3,000 per night.
- Sols Bungalows- prices start from INR 8,800 per night.
Where to dine at?
- Quan 3 Chi Em- It offers best chicken lemongrass, fried noodles and smoothies.
- Coffe Lop- It offers the best pork spring rolls and vegetable noodles with a fantastic view.
- Mini Bar & Food- A little restaurants with a nice view of the rice fields and offers the best chicken and beef hamburgers.
4. Con Dao
The 16-island archipelago of Con Dao is a hidden gem that rests in the quiet waters of the South China Sea. These islands are among the most romantic places in Vietnam and are famed for their crystal clear blue-green waters, soft golden sand beaches, lush mangrove forests, and beautiful coral reefs.
How to reach?
You can fly from Ho Chi Minn City to Can Tho and then take a taxi to Con Dao Island.
Things to do in Con Dao
- Dive deep into the ocean and explore the beautiful coral reefs.
- Six Senses Con Dao- prices start from INR 42,000 per night.
- Poulo Condor Boutique Resort & Spa- prices start from INR 25,000 per night.
- Minh Thang Hotel- prices start from INR 3,000 per night.
- Nha Khach Con Dao- prices start from INR 2,500 per night.
- Lighthouse Boutique Hotel- prices start from INR 2,300 per night.
Where to dine at?
- Villa Maison Con Dao Kitchen & Wine Bar- Lovely shaded terrace with fantastic food like seafood, papaya salad, green curry along with great service.
- Thu Ba Restaurant- Famous for its seafood like shrimps with veggies and garlic and fresh white tuna in lemongrass sweet pepper sauce.
- Infiniti Café and Restro- Food, drink and service are absolutely amazing. It is famous for its breakfast dishes like pancakes, cappuccinos etc.
5. Phu Quoc
It is an ideal getaway for many couples. This gorgeous and pristine paradise is exactly where you should spend your enjoyable honeymoon in Vietnam. The island is not only enchanted by its unspoiled beaches and breathtaking landscapes but also its hidden gem, National Park which is a great place for nature lovers.
How to reach?
You can take a bus from Ho Chi Minn City to Phu Quoc region and a then a ferry to reach Phu Quoc.
Things to do in Phu Quoc
- Sunset- Enjoy a breathtaking sunset on the beautiful beaches.
- Jungle- Go on an adventurous jungle hike.
- Mountain- Go hiking in the mountains with your partner.
- Ocean- Dive deep into the ocean to explore the coral reefs.
- Dusit Princess Moonrise Beach Resort- prices start from INR 7,000 per night.
- Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island- prices start from INR 8,300 per night.
- Intercontinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort- prices start from INR 14,000 per night.
- Premier Village Phu Quoc Resort- prices start from INR 13,000 per night.
- Fusion Resort- prices start from INR 14,000 per night.
Where to dine at?
- The Pepper Tree- Prepared by award-winning chefs, the best-served dishes are pumpkin soup, lobster ravioli and duck breast.
- Gop Gio Restaurant- It offers the best Vietnamese dishes and seafood like fish hotpot, shrimp sautéed with onion and fried pork.
- On the Rocks Restaurant- A restaurant with a beautiful view and setting and mackerel is a must-try dish out there.
6. Halong Bay
Halong Bay is one of the most iconic destinations in Vietnam, and you can take a luxury cruise to experience its natural beauty fully.
How Can I Reach Halong Bay?
As one of Vietnam’s most popular tourist destinations, three different airports are nearly equidistant from Halong Bay. The three airports – Van Don Airport, Noi Bai International Airport and Cat Bi International Airport- offer easily motorable routes to Halong Bay. From any of these airports, taxis can be hired at reasonable rates to Halong City, the access point to Halong Bay.
Things to do in Halong Bay
- Indulge in a seafood feast on board the cruise ship and enjoy the picturesque sunset views.
- For those interested in Vietnamese culture, a visit to the floating fishing villages and exploring the nearby caves is a must
- Take a seaplane tour for a bird’s eye view of the limestone cliffs and islands, or kayak through the bay’s calm waters.
Where to dine at?
- Hong Hanh Restaurant: This restaurant is located in Tuan Chau Island, Halong Bay, and offers a range of Vietnamese and international cuisine. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the bay and is a popular spot for tourists. Prices start at around INR 500 per person.
- Quan Quan Restaurant: This restaurant is located in Halong City and serves a variety of seafood dishes. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere and is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. Prices start at around INR 400 per person.
- 1958 Restaurant: This restaurant is located in Bai Chay, Halong Bay, and offers a range of Vietnamese and international cuisine. The restaurant features modern decor and has a great view of the bay. Prices start at around INR 800 per person.
- Halong Bay Royal Palace Cruise: This cruise ship offers luxurious accommodations and a range of amenities, including a spa, fitness centre, and restaurant. The ship sails through Halong Bay and offers stunning views of the scenery. Prices start at around INR 15,000 per night.
- Paradise Suites Hotel: This hotel is located in Tuan Chau Island, Halong Bay, and offers comfortable rooms with modern amenities. The hotel has a swimming pool, spa, and restaurant, a popular choice for tourists. Prices start at around INR 6,000 per night.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa Halong Bay: This resort is located in Bai Chay, Halong Bay, and offers luxurious accommodations with a range of amenities, including a spa, fitness centre, and restaurant. The resort has a beautiful view of the bay and is a popular tourist spot. Prices start at around INR 14,000 per night.
7. Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park is the perfect destination for adventure seekers. This UNESCO World Heritage Site features some of the world’s most spectacular caves and underground rivers.
How Can I reach Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park?
The nearest airport to the Park is Dong Hoi airport. There are regular domestic flights from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, and as well as several weekly flights from Chiang Mai, Thailand. You can also reach Dong Hoi by train on the main Hanoi – Ho Chi Minh City railway line.
Things to do in Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
- Take a guided trek through the lush forest to explore the Phong Nha, Paradise, or Dark cave.
- For a unique experience, take a boat ride through the Son Doong cave, the world’s largest cave system, with its own underground river and jungle.
- Stay at the park’s luxury eco-lodge, with stunning views of the karst mountains.
Where to dine at?
- Phong Nha Lake House Resort – This restaurant is located on the shores of Dong Suon Lake and offers a wide range of Vietnamese and Western dishes. The restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere and stunning views of the lake. Prices start at around 500 INR per meal.
- Bamboo Cafe – This cafe is located in the heart of Phong Nha and is a popular spot for locals and tourists. The menu offers a variety of Vietnamese and Western dishes, and the prices are reasonable, with meals starting at around 300 INR.
- Oxalis Home Restaurant – This restaurant is run by Oxalis, a popular tour operator in the area, and offers a range of traditional Vietnamese dishes. The restaurant is known for its fresh ingredients and authentic flavors. Prices start at around 400 INR per meal.
- Easy Tiger Hostel – This hostel is one of the most popular options in the area, offering both dormitory and private rooms. The hostel has a lively atmosphere, with a bar and restaurant on-site. Prices start at around 400 INR per night for a dorm bed and 2000 INR for a private room.
- Phong Nha Lake House Resort – This resort is located on the shores of Dong Suon Lake and offers a range of comfortable rooms and bungalows. The resort has a swimming pool, spa, and restaurant on-site. Prices start at around 5000 INR per night.
- Phong Nha Farmstay – This eco-friendly farm stay offers a unique and authentic experience in the heart of the national park. The property has a range of rooms and bungalows, as well as a restaurant and bar on-site. Prices start at around 3500 INR per night.
8. Hoi An
The charming town of Hoi An is a must-visit destination for those who appreciate history and architecture. We recommend staying at one of the town’s boutique hotels, ideally within walking distance of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Town.
How Can I Reach Hoi An?
Unfortunately, Hoi An doesn’t have an airport of its own. Visitors should land at Da Nang Airport, around 30 km away, and take a taxi or bus to get to Hoi An. The journey takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
Things to do in Hoi An
- Explore the town’s picturesque streets, lined with traditional houses, Chinese temples, and Japanese merchant houses.
- Take a cooking class to learn how to make traditional Vietnamese dishes.
- Get custom fit clothes made by the famed tailors of Hoi An.
Where to dine at?
- Morning Glory – This restaurant is known for its traditional Vietnamese cuisine and is one of the most popular places to eat in Hoi An. The menu features a variety of dishes, including banh mi sandwiches, pho, and spring rolls. The average meal cost at Morning Glory is around 800 Indian Rupees per person.
- Mango Mango – This restaurant offers a unique fusion of Vietnamese and Western cuisine, with grilled beef salad and seafood linguine dishes. It is situated on the banks of the Thu Bon River and offers a beautiful view of the riverfront. The average meal cost at Mango Mango is around 1,000 Indian Rupees per person.
- Cargo Club is a popular bakery and café in Hoi An that serves delicious breakfast options, pastries, and coffee. The menu also features a variety of sandwiches and salads. The average meal cost at Cargo Club is around 500 Indian Rupees per person.
- La Siesta Hoi An Resort & Spa – This luxurious resort is located in the heart of Hoi An’s ancient town. The resort features a spa, swimming pool, and restaurant. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, with prices starting at around 6,000 Indian Rupees per night.
- Hoi An Ancient House Resort & Spa – This resort is designed to look like a traditional Vietnamese village surrounded by beautiful gardens. The resort features a spa, swimming pool, and restaurant. The rooms are spacious and decorated with traditional Vietnamese furnishings, with prices starting at around 5,000 Indian Rupees per night.
- Green Heaven Hoi An Resort & Spa – This resort is just outside Hoi An’s ancient town and features a beautiful swimming pool and garden. The rooms are spacious and decorated in a modern Vietnamese style, with prices starting at around 3,500 Indian Rupees per night.
9. Mui Ne and Phat Thiet
Mui Ne and Phat Theit are two coastal towns located in southern Vietnam, famous for their pristine beaches, sand dunes, and unique fishing villages. We would recommend staying at one of the luxurious beachfront resorts and taking a tour of the sand dunes in a Jeep or quad bike.
How Can I Reach Mui Ne and Phat Theit?
From Ho Chi Minh City you can take a train to Mui Ne, by taking the train from Ho Chi Minh City to Phan Thiet. Then you’ll need to take a bus or a taxi to Mui Ne. The train from Ho Chi Minh to Phan Thiet takes 4 hours. There are first and second-class seats on the train.
Things to do in Mui Ne and Phat Thiet:
- Visit the nearby fishing villages to witness the traditional way of life and sample the freshest seafood dishes.
- For adventure seekers, try kite-surfing or windsurfing at the beaches.
Where to dine at?
- Sankara Restaurant: Located in Mui Ne, Sankara Restaurant is a popular Indian restaurant offering a range of authentic Indian dishes, including vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. Prices start at around INR 500 per dish.
- Sandals Restaurant: Another popular option in Mui Ne, Sandals Restaurant is known for its fresh seafood and Vietnamese cuisine. The restaurant offers a beautiful view of the beach and has a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere. Prices start at around INR 600 per dish.
- Hoang Kim Golden Resort: Located in Phan Thiet, Hoang Kim Golden Resort is a great option if you’re looking for a local dining experience. The restaurant offers a range of Vietnamese dishes, including seafood, noodles, and rice dishes. Prices start at around INR 400 per dish.
- Sand Dunes Bar & Restaurant: If you’re looking for a more casual dining option, Sand Dunes Bar & Restaurant in Mui Ne is a good choice. The restaurant offers a range of Western and Vietnamese dishes, cocktails, and beers. Prices start at around INR 400 per dish.
- The Cliff Resort & Residences: Located in Mui Ne, The Cliff Resort & Residences is a luxurious beachfront resort offering stunning ocean views. The resort features a range of amenities, including an outdoor pool, spa, and fitness center. The rooms are spacious and elegantly furnished, with prices starting at around INR 7,500 per night.
- Anantara Mui Ne Resort: Another luxury option in Mui Ne, Anantara Mui Ne Resort offers elegant villas and suites with private pools and beautiful sea views. The resort features a range of facilities, including an infinity pool, spa, and fitness center. Prices start at around INR 15,000 per night.
- Full Moon Beach Resort: If you’re looking for a more affordable option, Full Moon Beach Resort is a good choice. Located on the beachfront in Phan Thiet, the resort offers simple yet comfortable rooms and bungalows, with prices starting at around INR 2,000 per night.
- Aroma Beach Resort & Spa: Another mid-range option in Phan Thiet, Aroma Beach Resort & Spa offers modern rooms and bungalows with sea views. The resort features a range of amenities, including a spa, pool, and restaurant. Prices start at around INR 5,000 per night.
10. Nha Trang
Nha Trang is a beach city in central Vietnam, popular for its long stretches of white sandy beaches and turquoise waters. We would recommend staying at one of the city’s beachfront resorts and indulging in a relaxing spa treatment.
How Can I Reach Nha Trang?
There are three main types of transport to travel to Nha Trang: by coach, train, and air. You can choose any way you want, depending on your travel time and financial ability. Nha Trang is not too far away from Ho Chi Minh city; therefore, tourists often use the overnight coach to get to Nha Trang.
Things to do in Nha Thang:
- Take a private yacht tour to explore the nearby islands.
- Go snorkelling or diving to discover the rich marine life
- Visit the Cham Towers, a group of Hindu temples built by the Cham people in the 7th century.
Where to dine at?
- Lanterns Vietnamese Restaurant: Located in the heart of Nha Trang, Lanterns Vietnamese Restaurant offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine in a cozy atmosphere. Prices range from INR 500 to INR 1,500 per person.
- Sailing Club: This beachfront restaurant offers a wide range of international cuisine, including seafood, Italian, and Asian. The prices range from INR 500 to INR 2,000 per person.
- Louisiane Brewhouse: Known for its craft beer and mouth-watering BBQ dishes, Louisiane Brewhouse is a must-visit for foodies. Prices range from INR 500 to INR 2,500 per person.
- Good Morning Vietnam: This restaurant serves delicious Vietnamese street food, including pho and banh mi. Prices range from INR 200 to INR 500 per person.
- Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang: This luxury resort offers beachfront villas and suites with private balconies and stunning ocean views. Prices range from INR 20,000 to INR 50,000 per night.
- Novotel Nha Trang: This 4-star hotel is located in the heart of the city, just a short walk from the beach. Prices range from INR 5,000 to INR 10,000 per night.
- The Light Hotel & Resort: This 5-star hotel offers modern rooms and suites, a rooftop bar, and an outdoor pool. Prices range from INR 10,000 to INR 20,000 per night.
- Green World Hotel Nha Trang: This budget-friendly hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms, a rooftop pool, and a central location. Prices range from INR 2,500 to INR 5,000 per night.
Hue is a former imperial city in central Vietnam, famous for its rich history and cultural heritage. We recommend staying at one of the town’s historic hotels, which have been renovated to provide modern luxury amenities while preserving their traditional charm.
How Can I Reach Hue?
Domestic flights from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City touchdown in Hue’s Phu Bai Airport, a 30-minute drive from the city. Travellers also can hitch a train to Hue on the Reunification Express line, ride the open bus or hire a private car from the international airport in Da Nang, two hours away.
Things to do in Hue:
- Take a tour of the Imperial Citadel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and learn about the Nguyen Dynasty’s fascinating history.
- Take a boat ride on the Perfume River to visit the Thien Mu Pagoda and other historic sites.
- For a unique experience, take a guided food tour to discover Hue’s famous royal cuisine.
Where to dine at?
- Ancient Hue Restaurant – This restaurant is located in the heart of Hue and serves traditional Vietnamese cuisine. The menu includes a variety of dishes such as spring rolls, grilled meats, and seafood. The price point for a meal for two people is around 1,500 Indian Rupees.
- Mandarin Café – This café is a popular spot for both locals and tourists and serves delicious Vietnamese food. The menu includes items such as pho, banh mi sandwiches, and fresh spring rolls. The price point for a meal for two people is around 1,200 Indian Rupees.
- Les Jardins De La Carambole – This restaurant is in a beautiful garden setting and serves French and Vietnamese cuisine. The menu includes items such as roasted duck and seafood dishes. The price point for a meal for two people is around 2,500 Indian Rupees.
- Hue Serene Palace Hotel – This hotel is located in the center of Hue and offers comfortable rooms and excellent service. The price point for a night’s stay is around 3,500 Indian Rupees.
- The Scarlett Boutique Hotel – This hotel is located in the city’s heart and offers stylish rooms and modern amenities. The price point for a night’s stay is around 4,000 Indian Rupees.
- La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa – This hotel is located on the banks of the Perfume River and offers luxurious rooms and top-notch service. The price point for a night’s stay is around 8,500 Indian Rupees.
A sample Itinerary of Vietnam
Day 1: Arrival at Ho Chi Minn City. Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the time at leisure. Overnight in Ho Chi Minn City.
Day 2: Explore the city attractions like Notre Dame Cathedral, Opera House etc. Overnight in Ho Chi Minn City.
Day 3: Breakfast. Arrival at Dalat Valley by flight. Check in to the hotel. Visit Dalat Flower Park, Elephant Waterfalls etc. Overnight in Dalat Valley.
Day 4: Enjoy a cruise ride in the warm waters. Check out of the hotel. Arrival at Con Dao by flight. Check in to the hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight in Con Dao.
Day 5: Take a deep dive in the ocean. Rest of the day at leisure, overnight in Con Dao.
Day 6: Arrival at Phu Quoc by flight. Check in to the hotel. Enjoy a beautiful sunset at the beach. Overnight in Phu Quoc.
Day 7: Go mountain hiking and explore the jungles. Overnight in Phu Quoc.
Day 8: Check out of the hotel. Back to Ho Chi Minn City. Check in to the hotel. Go for last-minute shopping. Overnight in Ho Chi Minn City.
Day 9: Breakfast. Check out of the hotel to fly back home.
Tips when travelling to Vietnam
- Currency- The currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese Dong. 1 Vietnamese Dong can be roughly bought for 0.0032 Indian Rupee. US Dollars and credit cards are accepted but carrying Vietnamese currency with you is preferable.
- Safety- Vietnam is absolutely a safe place to travel.
- Etiquettes- Decent clothes are preferable. Try out their local customs.
- Mobile network and sim card- The major mobile service providers are Mobifone, Viettel, Vinafone etc. You can get the sim card from the airport itself.
- Power plugs- You need power plugs and A, C and F sockets.
Checklist to travel to Vietnam
- Travel Documents- Tickets, medical documents and relevant ID cards.
- Money- Credit cards, currency.
- Clothes- Beach wears comfortable flip flops, sunglasses, hats.
- Electronics- Mobile phone, camera and travel adapter.
- Health and Hygiene- Medications that you are on, basic medical kit, women hygiene items, toiletries.
FAQs for your Honeymoon in Vietnam
1. How to reach Vietnam?
Direct flight services are available from major cities in India like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore to Vietnam.
2. What is the best time to visit Vietnam?
The best time to visit Vietnam is from December through February.
3. How to get Visa for our Vietnam Honeymoon trip?
4. Is Vietnam a good honeymoon destination?
Vietnam has pristine beaches, sparkling bays, dramatic landscapes, and vibrant culture. All these features with many activities make a honeymoon in Vietnam exciting and thrilling.
5. Can I wear shorts in Vietnam?
Yes, one can wear shorts in Vietnam except in temples.
6. What is Vietnam famous for?
Vietnam is famous for its natural landscapes, breathtaking views, ancient history, and vibrant culture. Vietnam is also famous for items such as Vietnamese Coffee, Silk, Brocade and Ao Dai.
7. Which are the best places to go shopping in Vietnam?
1. Cai Rang Floating Market
2. Takashimaya Ho Chi Minh City
3. Dinh Cau Night Market
4. Phan Thiet Central Market
8. Do they speak English in Vietnam?
People speak some English in tourist centers, but many of them will speak none.
9. Why should I consider visiting Vietnam in December?
December is a fantastic time to visit Vietnam due to its pleasant weather and unique festive atmosphere. The country offers a diverse range of experiences, from bustling cities to serene natural landscapes, making it an ideal destination for travelers of all interests.
10. What are some must-visit places in Vietnam during December?
In December, there are several must-visit places in Vietnam that showcase the country’s beauty and culture. Some top recommendations include Hanoi, with its rich history and delicious street food; Halong Bay, known for its mesmerizing limestone karsts; Hoi An, a picturesque town with colorful lanterns and ancient temples; Sapa, offering stunning mountain vistas and terraced rice fields; and the Mekong Delta, where you can explore intricate waterways and vibrant floating markets.
11. What is the weather like in Vietnam during December?
December marks the beginning of the dry season in Vietnam, resulting in pleasant weather across most regions. Northern Vietnam experiences cool temperatures, while the central and southern parts enjoy warmer climates. This comfortable weather allows you to explore the country comfortably without extreme heat or rain.
12. Are there any cultural events or festivals in December?
Yes, December is an exciting time to experience Vietnam’s cultural events and festivals. Christmas is celebrated in many cities, especially in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, with vibrant displays of lights and decorations. Additionally, you might encounter local celebrations like the Winter Solstice Festival, offering a glimpse into traditional customs and rituals.
12. Is it a good time for outdoor activities in Vietnam?
Absolutely! December’s pleasant weather makes it an excellent time for outdoor activities in Vietnam. Whether it’s trekking in Sapa‘s lush mountains, cruising on Halong Bay, or cycling through the countryside of Hoi An, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to connect with nature and indulge in thrilling adventures.
13. How can I experience the local culture during my trip to Vietnam in December?
To immerse yourself in the local culture, consider exploring bustling markets, interacting with friendly locals, participating in cooking classes to learn authentic Vietnamese recipes, and attending traditional art performances. Don’t miss the chance to celebrate the festive season with the locals and witness their customs and traditions firsthand.
14. Is it necessary to book accommodations in advance for a December trip to Vietnam?
It’s advisable to book accommodations in advance, especially in popular tourist destinations. December is a peak travel season in Vietnam, with many visitors flocking to the country for the holidays. Booking early ensures you secure the best accommodation options and avoids last-minute hassles.
15. What should I pack for my trip to Vietnam in December?
Pack light and breathable clothing suitable for warm days, but also consider bringing some layers for cooler evenings, especially in northern regions. Don’t forget essentials like sunscreen, a hat, comfortable walking shoes, and insect repellent. If you plan to visit temples or religious sites, it’s essential to dress modestly.
16. Is it safe to travel to Vietnam in December?
Vietnam is generally considered safe for travelers, including in December. However, like any destination, it’s essential to exercise common travel precautions, such as safeguarding your belongings and being aware of your surroundings. It’s also recommended to check the latest travel advisories before your trip.
17. How do I get around in Vietnam to visit these places?
Vietnam has a well-connected transportation network. Domestic flights can take you between major cities, while comfortable trains and buses offer scenic journeys between destinations. In cities, taxis and ride-hailing services are readily available, and in tourist areas, you can easily rent motorbikes or bicycles for local exploration.
Vietnam- A perfect place to Honeymoon with a loved one
Vietnam is a crazy yet wonderful place. It is rich in culture and history and consists of many amazing places which will surely make your honeymoon in Vietnam unforgettable. Spend quality time with your loved one in the beautiful cities and islands and try out their local customs and cuisine. A honeymoon in Vietnam isn’t complete without unforgettable, romantic and adventurous experiences.
Plan for an amazing honeymoon to Vietnam, Flying Squirrel Holidays offers customized Vietnam tour packages from India, all that you need to do is get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us at +91 3340525777.