Tourist Attractions Of Japan For Indians
Posted on By Blog Admin
Japan is an island country located in East Asia. It beautifully blends ancient and modern traditions and culture. It is home to thousands of shrines and temples, gorgeous gardens and palaces, spectacular mountains and many other unique attractions.
Japan has traditionally been known as “the land of the rising sun” because of its geographical location in the far east, Japan’s beauty is best defined by the cherry blossom or the “sakura”. Travellers world over are always in awe of the Sakura trees and are overwhelmed by its beauty.
Get ready to impress yourself with one of the best destinations that will give you a mesmerizing feeling. And believe us, planning a customized Japan tour package from India and exploring each of its attractions is worth every dime.
2. How to reach Japan from India?
5. Beautiful tourist attractions of Japan
6. Which are the best dishes to try in Japan?
7. A sample itinerary of Japan
8. Tips when travelling to Japan
10. Checklist to travel to Japan
11. FAQs for your Japan travel
When is it a good time to visit Japan?
The best time to visit Japan is from March to May during late spring. Visiting Japan is also ideal during late autumn, especially from the months of September to November for the best experiences.
How far is Japan from India?
It takes around 8 hours by flight to reach Japan from major cities in India.
How much does a Japan trip cost from India?
Japan can be an expensive country for tourists. However, a pocket-friendly holiday is also possible with choosing the right places to stay, choosing public transportation, opting for train passes, etc. Get in touch with our experts for a tailormade Japan holiday package.
What’s great about Japan?
Japan is known worldwide for its traditional arts, including tea ceremonies and flower arrangements. The country has a legacy of distinctive gardens, sculpture and poetry. Japan is also famous for its origami, the sushi and the ramen, its samurais and the ninjas.
How to reach Japan from India?
There are no direct flights from India to Japan. Connecting flights through Bangkok and Hong Kong from metropolitan cities in India are available.
How to apply for the Visa to Japan?
The visa for Japan is processed within 4 working days post-registration. It will cost around $16. You can apply for the Visa through https://www.vfsglobal.com/japan/india/
Best time to visit Japan
The best time to visit Japan is from March to May during late spring. You can also plan a visit during late autumn, especially from the months of September to November for the best experiences.
Beautiful tourist attractions of Japan
Have a look at the top Japan tourist attractions for your tailormade Japan tour package:
Tokyo, the essence and capital of Japan, is the city that reflects the colours of Japan. Tokyo deserves to be at the top spot of your trip because of its culture, historic sites, culinary scenes and world-class attractions. This is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in your Japan tour package.
How to commute?
You can take connecting flights through Bangkok and Hong Kong to Tokyo from various cities in India.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Tokyo is mid-June through mid-September or late April through early May.
Best things to do in Tokyo
- Meiji Jingu Shrine- witness the grandeur of the shrine.
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden- for nature lovers.
- Tokyo National Museum- admire the artworks.
- Tokyo Skytree- a skyscraper and observation tower.
- Tokyo Tower– the second tallest structure in Tokyo.
- Odaiba- for some shopping.
- Sakura Hotel Hatagaya- starting from INR 4,000 per night.
- Hotel Gracery Shinjuku- starting from INR 10,000 per night.
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo- starting from INR 15,000 per night.
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku- starting from INR 9,500 per night.
- Park Hotel Tokyo- starting from INR 11,000 per night.
Kyoto is the city of shrines, gardens and palaces and is said to be the most sacred city of Japan. It is ideal to be included in the Japan honeymoon package also for couples. Breathtaking artworks of Kennin-ji temple, the pom-pom temple and the bamboo forests are the ones which you cannot afford to miss in your first trip.
How to commute?
The best way to travel from Tokyo to Kyoto is by the bullet train, Shinkansen or you can also take a bus or car to Kyoto.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Kyoto is either during spring in April or during autumn in October.
Best things to do in Kyoto
- Kyoto Imperial Palace- for ancient architecture.
- Fushimi-Inari Taisha shrine- enjoy walking down the flamed coloured walkway to honour the Shinto god, Inari, known as being the god of rice.
- Kiyomizu Temple- visit the sacred temple.
- Nijo Castle- explore the castle.
- Kinkaku-Ji- visit this famous place in Kyoto.
- Cross Hotel Kyoto- starting from INR 6,000 per night.
- Daiwa Royal Hotel Grande Kyoto- starting from INR 6,000 per night.
- Hotel Granvia Kyoto- starting from INR 9,000 per night.
- The Royal Park Hotel Kyoto Sanjo- starting from INR 5,500 per night.
- Kyoto Hotel Okura- starting from INR 10,000 per night.
Known as the city of culture, is home to adorable deer, temples, shrines, monasteries, museums and the famous Nara Park. This is the place where you get to know about Japanese traditions and cultures.
How to commute?
The fastest way to travel Nara is by a bullet train. You can also take a bus or car to Nara.
Best time to visit
Nara has a moderate climate so you can travel any time of the year. But two best times to visit Nara are in the months of October or April.
Best things to do in Nara
- Nara Park- for the nature lovers.
- Ninja Museum of Igaryu- admire the architecture.
- Isuien Garden- visit the beautiful garden.
- Nara- Koen Park- an adorable deers park
- Nara National Museum- explore the museum.
- Onyado Nono Nara- starting from INR 4,000 per night.
- Hotel Nikko Nara- starting from INR 4,000 per night.
- Piazza Hotel Nara- starting from INR 3,500 per night.
- Centurion Hotel Classic Nara- starting from INR 3,000 per night.
- Hotel Fujita Nara- starting from INR 3,000 per night.
4. Mt. Fuji
Mt. Fuji is the paradise for the adventure seekers. It offers the most thrilling experience in Japan and also you can witness the beauty of the place throughout the year.
How to commute?
You can either take a bullet train or a bus to Mt. Fuji from Tokyo.
Best time to visit
The best months to see Mt. Fuji would be somewhere between October and February, with December and January being the highest in terms of visibility.
Best Things to do in Mt. Fuji
- Mount Tenjo- for adventure lovers.
- Chureito Pagoda- explore the Pagoda.
- Fujiyoshida Sengen Shrine- witness the grandeur of the shrine.
- Arakurayama Sengen Park- for the nature lovers.
- Subashiri 5th Station- enjoy the views of Mt. Fuji from this station.
- Hotel Grand Fuji- starting from INR 5,500 per night.
- Kuretake-Inn Mt. Fuji- starting from INR 4,000 per night.
- Super Fuji Hotel IC- starting from INR 4,000 per night.
- Hotel 24 in Fujisan- starting from INR 4,500 per night.
- Hotel Route Inn Fuji- starting from INR 5,000 per night.
It is one of the most ideal places to visit in Japan during the summer. This place is popular for its volcanoes, hot springs, ski areas and islands.
How to commute?
The best way to travel to Hokkaido from Tokyo is by train.
Best time to visit
The best months to visit are from March to May.
Best things to do in Hokkaido
- Asahiyama Zoo- for animal lovers.
- Farm Tomita- explore the beautiful farm.
- Blue Pond- relax near the pond in the evening.
- Seafood- treat yourself with delicious food.
- Vessel Inn Sapporo Nakajima Park- starting from INR 4,000 per night.
- JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo- starting from INR 12,500 per night.
- Unwind Hotel & Bar Otaru- starting from INR 5,000 per night.
- Dormy Inn Premium Otaru- starting from INR 4,500 per night.
- Sapporo Grand Hotel- starting from INR 6,000 per night.
Which are the best dishes to try in Japan?
- Sushi- Made with vinegar rice and fresh fish, it is the most popular food in Japan.
- Tempura- A dish made from battered and dried fish, seafood or vegetables, it is eaten with a dipping sauce.
- Yakitori- It’s a dish of bite-sized cuts of chicken grilled on a skewer, it is the most ancient dish of Japan.
- Tsukemono Pickle– it is the traditional pickle eaten in Japan since the prehistoric times.
- Kaiseki– It’s the tasting course offered beside the bitter green tea in Japan.
- Udon- Dense and chewy noodle made from wheat flour, it’s one of the popular dishes of Japan.
A sample itinerary of Japan
Here’s a sample itinerary for your trip to Japan from India
Day 1: Arrival in Kyoto. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Kyoto.
Day 2: Visit Arashiyama bamboo forest. Overnight stay in Kyoto.
Day 3: Take a Thunder Bird express train for Kanazawa. Arrive at Kanazawa and board a bus to Shirakawago. Overnight stay in Shirakawago.
Day 4: Arrival in Tokyo. Transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Day 5: Breakfast. Enjoy the day on your own. Overnight stay in Tokyo.
Day 6: Enjoy a panoramic view of Mt. Fuji from the 5th station. Enjoy a Hakone Sky Gondola ride and visit Owakudani valley. After that, enjoy a boat ride on Lake Ashi. Dinner and overnight stay in Tokyo.
Day 7: Check out from the hotel to fly back home.
Tips when travelling to Japan
- Currency- The currency of Japan is Yen. 1 yen can roughly be bought for 0.65 rupees. It is preferable to carry currency with you.
- Transport- The fastest way to travel around in Japan is by bullet trains. There are also cars and buses available to commute.
- Safety- Japan is a safe place to travel and possesses no serious problem.
- Etiquettes- Behave calmly and respectfully and take your shoes off inside the temples. Try out their local customs.
- Mobile network and sim cards– The major mobile service providers are NTT DoCoMo, KDDI’S AU and Softbank. You can buy a sim card at the Tokyo international airport itself.
- Power plugs- You need power plugs and sockets of A and B type.
The Indian Embassies address in Japan is:
Tel: +81 3 3262-2391 to 97
Checklist to travel to Japan
- Travel Documents- Passport, Visa, Travel insurance, tickets, medical documents and relevant ID cards.
- Money- Local currency, US Dollars.
- Clothes- Conservative clothes for temples, long-sleeved t-shirts, comfortable sandals, sunglasses.
- Electronics- Mobile phone, camera and travel adapter.
- Health and Hygiene- Medications that you are on, basic medical kit, women hygiene items and toiletries.
FAQs on your Japan travel
1. Are there still Samurai in Japan?
You will not find a Samurai in modern Japan. However, Kanazawa still houses a samurai district and is the only city to preserve the samurai world.
2. Can I get vegetarian food in Japan?
Yes, we can get vegetarian food in Japan. Some examples of vegetarian food are Kiyomizu-Dera, Todai-Ji, Kinkaku-Ji, Senso-Ji etc.
3. Is it expensive in Japan?
Japan is essentially expensive when it comes to travelling around, staying at hotels, or eating out. However, if you want to avoid spending too much here, you can plan your stay at a hostel or eat at less expensive food joints.
4. How much money do you need per day in Japan?
On average, it will cost you over INR 7,000 per day when you’re travelling in Japan.
5. What is the smallest town in Japan?
The smallest city by population in Japan is Utashinai which is located in Sorachi Subprefecture of Hokkaido.
6. What are the famous places in Japan?
The most famous places to visit in Japan are the following:
1. Mount Fiji
3. Fushimi Inari Taisha
6. Tokyo Skytree
7. Osaka Castle
8. Tokyo Tower
9. Meiji Jingu
10. Bomb Dome
6. What things should you avoid in Japan?
You are recommended to not tip anyone, don’t go into people’s home with your shoes on, don’t try to hug people you just met etc.
7. Is it rude to not finish the food in Japan?
In Japan, You Need to Finish Your Plate. It’s rude to leave food behind on your plate. This applies equally whether you’re in someone’s home or in a restaurant.
8. What’s the oldest city in Japan?
The oldest city in Japan is Fukuoka which also happens to be the closest city to Korea.
9. Can you drink the water in Japan?
Yes, you can drink tap water in Japan. The national water infrastructure is reliable and purification facilities are well-maintained, so the tap water is good quality and easy on the stomach.
10. Can I use an ATM in Japan?
Japan does not accept debit and ATM cards that are issued outside of Japan. In order to use international ATMs, ensure that your credit or debit card can be used abroad.
11. Can I use credit cards in Japan?
Credit, debit and prepaid cards of international brands are generally accepted throughout the country.
Japan- a perfect destination for your next holiday
Japan is truly timeless. Japan boasts a rich and fascinating history, its ancient traditions are fused with modern customs, and beautiful places, gardens and imperial palaces will make you realize that a vacation in Japan is certainly a great investment of time and money.
Gear up for this amazing vacation to Japan, all that you need to do is get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us at +91 3340525777.
We help you get the best Japan tour packages from India and customize it according to your budget and preferences.