Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a slice of paradise in the Indian Ocean. For travellers from around the world, the picturesque white-sand beaches of Andaman and Nicobar, turquoise lagoons, the palm trees and the generous hospitality make this a destination for a picture-perfect vacation.
Here is why Andaman and Nicobar Islands should be your next dream destination.
How to reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
There are flights available from major cities like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore to Port Blair. There are direct flights available from Chennai and Kolkata which reaches in 2 hours to Port Blair.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands is between October and May.
What makes Andaman and Nicobar Islands a beautiful destination to travel?
The destination is a heaven for the honeymooners, an adventurous spot for the adventure lovers and an ideal island for a peaceful family getaway. The sunny skies, golden beaches, sparkling seas and beautiful nature will altogether make your holiday unforgettable. Along with exotic seafood and splendid places, it offers an array of fun and outdoor things to do in Andaman.
5-star Hotels in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Take a look at the 5-star hotels in Andaman for your superb holiday and that meets your requirements:
1. Barefoot at Havelock
Take an escape from your busy lives and come into the world of serenity. Barefoot at Havelock is located on Radhanagar Beach is full of opportunities. It is the most idyllic among all Andaman hotels with great sea views, surrounded by lush green trees and awesome food. It is a complete bliss staying in these elegantly designed and luxurious cottages and villas near the sea and experiencing nature at its best.
How to reach?
You can take a ferry from Port Blair to reach Havelock Island.
- Spa- They provide the spa facility to relax and stay away from all the tension. It helps to cleanse and rejuvenate your body and soul.
- Tree Walk-Take a leisurely walk around the hotel and admire the exotic trees, birds and animals.
- Farm to Table-Take a tour of the kitchen garden and livestock farm at Barefoot.
- Bird Trails-Enjoy a walk and look for the birds at the majestic Mahua jungle.
- Beach Trek-Experience a guided walk to the beautiful beaches of Kalapathar and Elephant.
- Water Sports-Indulge in activities like scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, fishing, stand up paddling and bodyboarding.
- Yoga- Join the yoga session they provide during your stay at the hotel to fuel your body, mind and soul.
- Romantic dinners- For the couples or honeymooners, they arrange a candlelight dinner among the majestic Mahua trees or on the beach.
- Trail Biking-You get to enjoy a guided cycling tour to the Barefoot Scuba Resort which is 10 km away from Barefoot at Havelock.
- Dining-You can enjoy the dishes inspired by local cuisine at the Swimming Elephant restaurant, have a drink at the Dugong Dugon bar or enjoy a dinner on the beach under the starlit sky with your loved one.
Accommodation at Barefoot at Havelock
Barefoot at Havelock consists of 31 elegantly designed, tents, cottages and villas with spacious interiors and modern amenities.
- Andaman Villa- It consists of 8 air-conditioned rooms inspired by the wooden architecture from the British era. The rooms are furnished with large beds with a panoramic view of the leaves and fruit trees for your ultimate holiday.
- Nicobari Cottage- Consisting of 9 air-conditioned rooms, it has a rustic charm and comes with king-size beds, a writing desk and a chair, a couch for two and an en-suite bathroom. You must stay in these cottages to get all the island vibes.
- Tented Cottage- This room is a luxurious tent equipped with four-poster double bed, a writing desk and a chair and an attached bathroom. It consists of 12 air-conditioned rooms and is ideal for those who are looking for comfortable space on their holiday.
- Fan-cooled Duplex Cottage- It is perfect for families travelling with children. The room consists of a four-poster double bed, a writing desk and a chair and a wardrobe.
- Fan-cooled Nicobari Villa- It consists of a designer room that gives you the island feel with a touch of modern luxury. A large four-poster bed, wooden chairs and table and wooden flooring give this room an elegant look.
Indulge in the local cuisines curated with fresh produce. The dishes are prepared with the organically grown vegetables and herbs from their own garden.
2. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica is a 5-star resort in Andaman and a blend of rainforests, national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches and ancient tribal cultures. It provides modern luxury villas and impeccable facilities and services to the visitors. The resort offers fun activities for children that engage them in marine life, gives you opportunities to pick fruits from their orchards, jungle treks, beach picnics and water sports. There are a lot of adventurous things to do for young and curious minds and provides an endless source of delight and discovery.
How to reach?
You can take a ferry from Port Blair to reach Havelock Island.
- Fitness Centre- There is a fitness centre with all the gym facilities for the fitness freaks.
- Spa-The resort provides the best of spa facility to its visitors. It includes signature experiences, Indian therapies, spa indulgences, body scrubs and wraps, Ayurveda therapies and beauty.
- Yoga and Meditation- Transport yourself to new heights of relaxation by indulging in yoga and meditation.
- Trekking- You can trek between the old trees and aged driftwood at an isolated destination provided by the Kalapathar beach.
- Forest Trek- Take a trail for 2 hours and have a look at the flora and fauna thriving in Andaman’s enchanted forest.
- Water Sports- You can enjoy water activities on the beach like snorkelling, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and day-night kayaking.
- Dining- The restaurants which offer exotic food in the resort are The Settlers, Turtle House and Shoreline.
Accommodation at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Deluxe Villa- An air-conditioned villa with a king-sized bed and a vanity area with a closet and spacious bathroom fitted with a rain shower and a bathtub. It offers deck chairs and a bed where you can soak the sun or feel the breeze.
- Grand luxury two-bedroom pool villa- A residence with a private sitting area and two bedrooms with spacious en suite bathrooms and two vanity units. You get a private pool with deck chairs and sofa to spend time with the family.
- Presidential three-bedroom pool duplex villa- The presidential villa has a private elevator, living area, powder room, pantry and three bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. You get a private swimming pool overlooking the beach and a private bar.
The Settlers restaurant gives the delight of regional cuisine. Turtle House features in global grill cuisine and the menu includes American, European, Middle-Eastern and Indian Classics enhanced with local ingredients. Shoreline restaurant is a multi-cuisine restaurant and offers incredible variety and techniques of curries across Southeast Asia and India.
FAQs about hotels in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Do we need a passport for Andaman?
As Andaman is a part of India, Indian travellers do not need a passport for visiting the place. However, foreign nationals do need a passport for visiting the Andaman Islands.
2. What facilities will I get in Hotels in Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
The hotels in Andaman & Nicobar Islands offer all the basic as well as luxury facilities. Some of the common facilities you can avail in the hotels of Andaman & Nicobar Islands include:
- Cozy and spacious rooms
- Air conditioning
- 24 hours reception
- Breakfast facilities
- LED Television
- In-house multi-cuisine restaurant
- Tea/Coffee maker
3. What is one of the best experiences in Andaman?
Scuba diving is one of the best experiences that serve as an ultimate adventure in the clear waters and is not to be missed by anyone when in Andaman.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands- A Tropical Paradise
Andaman and Nicobar have a variety of options for kids as well as adults to explorers and make it an ideal destination for all. Andaman is a treasure trove and offers different activities, breathtaking sceneries and exotic seafood. If you wish to relax on the sandy beaches, bask in the luxurious resorts and enjoy the beautiful scenery, then Andaman and Nicobar Islands is the perfect destination for a refreshing holiday.
Plan your trip to this amazing destination and for Andaman hotel booking and other travel-related questions, get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us at +91 3340525777.