Andaman Tour Packages From Kolkata – for the Blue Seas, the Virgin Islands and Colonial Past
Posted on By Blog Admin
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a breathtaking archipelago located in the Bay of Bengal. This little slice of paradise is known for its picturesque shimmering beaches, breathtaking islands, turquoise blue waters, and a bit of history.
Havelock and Neil Islands are some of the most famous among the tourists. Port Blair is the capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands where you can explore its museums, the flora and fauna, rich history, and marine life.
The islands are known for white sands, palm-lined shores, snorkeling, and diving. You can relax near the sandy shores, enjoy the sunsets, enjoy scuba diving, and explore the coral reefs. Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a flourishing destination which attracts especially the honeymooners, families and adventure enthusiasts.
What makes Andaman and Nicobar Islands an amazing tourist destination?
The exotic beaches, vibrant coral reefs, amazing marine life, and breathtaking landscapes make it a perfect holiday destination away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. This group of islands is both for the nature admirers and adventure enthusiasts.
How must does it cost for a trip to Andaman?
Once you have made up your mind of visiting Andamans, the question on top of your mind will be how much will it cost for a trip to Andaman. The cost depends on various factors like the choice of transportation which you can choose from air or ship, the type of hotels you choose from budget to luxury, the number of days you spend there or planning to try an extra activity like scuba diving which is not in your itinerary.
These are the factors that will help you know the complete cost of what it will take for you to plan an Andaman holiday.
How to go to Andaman and Nicobar Islands from Kolkata?
There are two options that you can opt for to reach Andaman.
You can take a direct flight to the Veer Savarkar International Airport, to the capital city of Port Blair from Kolkata. Or, you can try the scenic Kolkata to Andaman Ship journey from Kolkata to Andaman.
Andaman Tour Package from Kolkata by Ship
The cruise to Andaman is once in a lifetime experience wherein you take to the blue waters of Bay of Bengal, watch the sea life from close quarters and enjoy the splendid sunrise and sunset without any interruption. It is a perfect experience for you as you can enjoy time in the cruise and then explore a few days.
The best cruise liners from Kolkata to Andaman are MV Nicobar, MV Harshavardhana and MV Akbar. The cruises take around 66 hours to reach Andaman from Kolkata. The cruises from Kolkata operate once a week or 3-4 times a month. The ships offer a limited choice of food, on-board entertainment like TV and great accommodation facilities in different types of rooms like bunk rooms, deck rooms, first-class cottages, second class cottages and deluxe cottages. The price of MV Nicobar and MV Harshavardhana starts from INR 2,650 and the price of MV Akbar starts from INR 2,300.
Andaman Tour Package from Kolkata by Flight
This is the most popular and convenient way of travelling to Andaman from Kolkata. It’s a short flight of around 2 hours and then you are in the beautiful destination of Andaman. The airlines that fly nonstop from Kolkata to Port Blair are Air India and Indigo and the prices start from INR 4,500.
What is the Best Time to Plan a Tour to the Islands?
The best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands is between October and May.
How Many Days are Sufficient for Andaman Tour?
It is recommended to spend at least 5 days on the island. Give another two days for travel and that makes it a week of a wonderful vacation. This is ideal for a regular or a honeymoon package.
Is Andaman a Safe Place?
The people are tourist-friendly and cooperative. The roads are safe to travel. Tourism police help to make the stay quite safe and there are also adequate signboards and directions to help travellers.
Places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Port Blair
Port Blair, the capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, is the gateway to the archipelago. It boasts of architectural monuments, steeped in colonial history, explore the local markets and enjoy the traditional cuisine.
Port Blair is a culmination of not just the most beautiful of sceneries, but also of various cultures. To explore something more than beaches, you can enjoy a day trip to the nearby island like Baratang Island for its natural wonders and the popular national parks.
Port Blair is truly the heart of all that makes Andaman a truly tropical destination worth exploring any time of the year.
How to reach?
You can take a direct flight from Kolkata to reach Port Blair.
Main Attractions in Port Blair
- Cellular jail- Enjoy a show at cellular jail and visit this place for sightseeing which imprisoned the freedom fighters who were exiled from the mainland of India during the British era.
- Chidiya Tapu- This place is a good spot to enjoy bird watching and you can enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
- Islands- The places to visit near Port Blair are Havelock Island, Ross Island, Corbyn’s Cove Beach and Viper Island where you can enjoy various activities.
- Aberdeen Market- A famous market in Port Blair where you can enjoy shopping for coloured fabrics, wood artifacts and jewellery.
- Light and sound show- It’s the saga of the heroic struggle of the freedom fighters in the history of India’s freedom struggle.
- Museum Tour- Take a half-day museum tour where museums uncover the city’s tribal history, marine life and more. The famous museums are Anthropological Museum, Samudrika Marine Museum and more.
- Day Trip-You can enjoy a day trip to Baratang Island from Port Blair which is famous for its natural wonders like Limestone Caves and Mud Volcano.
- Glass Bottom Boat Ride-It offers one of the most unique experiences in Andaman by letting you explore the rich corals and marine life from the comfort of your cabin.
- Seafood- You can visit popular restaurants to enjoy sumptuous seafood like red snappers, tiger prawns, lobsters etc.
Where to stay? Our recommendations
- De Pebbles- prices starting from INR 3,000 per night.
- Sinclairs Bay View- prices starting from INR 5,000 per night.
- Sea Princess Beach Resort- prices starting from INR 5,500 per night.
- Andaman Galley Resort- prices starting from INR 3,500 per night.
- The Port Vista- prices starting from INR 3,000 per night.
2. Havelock Island
Havelock Island is one of the largest and most popular islands in Andaman and Nicobar. Havelock Island offers white sand beaches, vibrant coral reefs, crystal blue waters and verdant forests. Radhanagar and Vijaynagar Beaches are the most loved beaches on the Island. Elephant beach, Laxmanpur beach and Kalapathar beach are two other destinations where the sunrise and sunsets are divine. A long walk along the stretch of the sand is the perfect way to explore the island on your own. Havelock Island offers scuba diving, snorkeling, and deep-sea diving.
How to reach Port Blair?
You can take a ferry from Neil Island or Port Blair to Havelock Island.
Main Attractions in the Havelock Island
- Beaches- The attractive beaches that are most popular are Radhanagar beach, Elephant beach, Kalapathar beach and Vijaynagar beach which offer serene views and crystal clear waters.
- Sea Walk- You get to experience an underwater walk on the seabed in the Elephant beach.
- Water sports- You can try scuba diving, snorkelling, boating, parasailing and kayaking in the beautiful waters of the Havelock Island.
Where to stay? Our recommendations
- Munjoh Ocean Resort- prices starting from INR 8,000 per night.
- Taj Exotica Resort and Spa- prices starting from INR 29,000 per night.
- Aquays Hotels and Resorts- prices starting from INR 8,500 per night.
- Sandyy Waves Beach Resort- prices starting from INR 7,000 per night.
- Barefoot at Havelock- prices starting from INR 10,500 per night.
3. Neil Island
Neil Islands is one of the islands in the southern part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India. The charm of the island is quaint and soothing. The island is a perfect weekend getaway as it offers white sand beaches, unspoiled coral reefs and tropical woodlands. You can laze around watching the sunset or staring at the vast sea. This island may not be having plenty of experiences but it’s complete bliss.
How to reach Neil Island?
You can take a ferry from Port Blair or Havelock Island to reach Neil Island.
Main Attractions in Neil Island
- Beaches- You can explore the marine life and the coral reefs at the beaches of Bharatpur Beach, Sitapur Beach and Lakshmanpur Beach.
- Sunrise- Get a glimpse of the breathtaking sunrise view at the Sitapur Beach.
- Sunset- Enjoy the mesmerizing sunset views at the Lakshmanpur Beach.
- Water Sports- Experience swimming, sunbathing, snorkelling, scuba diving, deep-sea diving and fishing etc on these beaches.
- Neill Kendra- It is the largest village market on the island where you can buy food, local products, goods and artefacts.
Where to stay? Our recommendations
- Symphony Summer Sands Beach Resort- prices starting from INR 5,500 per night.
- Silver Sand Beach Resort- prices starting from INR 5,500 per night.
- TSG Aura Resort- prices starting from INR 7,500 per night.
- Tango Beach Resort- prices starting from INR 3,000 per night.
4. Ross Island
The Ross Island in Andaman is solely recognized for its beauty and scenic views. The Island was once the administrative headquarters of the British, but today is only an uninhabited island. There is a lot of history associated with the Island. You will be greeted by ruins of a vast water distillation plant, tennis court and swimming pool. The island still has the remains of the famous printing press that was located here and the secretariat office. You will also find the ruins of a church and a graveyard that has names of all the people who are buried there. You can wander around and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
How to reach?
You can choose to take private ferries or a short ride on a boat from Phoenix Bay Jetty to reach Ross Island.
Main Attractions in Ross Island
- Penal Colony- Visit the location of confinement for the Indian locals who sparked the revolution against the bullying antics of the British government.
- Samudrika Naval Marine Museum- It is home to a range of aquatic species, which include rare species of fishes, shells, and corals.
- Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex- It offers a thrilling collection of water sports like scuba diving, snorkelling, speed boat cruise and parasailing etc.
- Gandhi Park- Gandhi Park is the ideal place for nature lovers to enjoy the evenings. It offers a pristine lake and flora and fauna in the surrounding area.
Where to stay? Our recommendations
- Sinclairs Bay View- prices starting from INR 5,500 per night.
- Hotel Serene Palace- prices starting from INR 3,500 per night.
- Hotel Rainbird- prices starting from INR 4,000 per night.
5. Viper Island
Viper Island is a beautiful combination of historical elements and natural beauty, it is always crowded with enchanted visitors. On the way to the island, you will also come across the main port and the navy ships of Port Blair. You can also enjoy the view of the cellular jail and its tower from the boat. All the history lovers and the nature lovers out there should pay a visit to the island.
How to reach?
You can take private ferries from Phoenix Bay Jetty to reach Viper Island.
Main Attractions in Viper Island
- Samudra Marine Museum- This museum was built by the Indian army and provides a lot of information related to the island including its animals, plants, tribal history and the marine ecosystem.
- New India Cafe- This cafe is very famous amongst the locals for it serves a variety of vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian dishes from all over India.
- Adi Bengali Hotel- Since the main inhabitants of the island are Bengalis, this hotel serves amazing and finger-licking Bengali cuisine.
- Lighthouse Residency- This is the place for all the seafood lovers and serves very delicious dishes including the red snapper, crab or prawns along with rice and chips.
Where to stay? Our recommendations
- Fortune Resort Bay Island- prices starting from INR 10,000 per night.
- Hotel Mansha Regency- prices starting from INR 7,000 per night.
- Hotel Blue Mmarlin- prices starting from INR 3,000 per night.
An Itinerary of Andaman tour package from Kolkata
Here’s an itinerary for your Andaman and Nicobar Island for your perfect holiday:
Day 1: Arrival at Port Blair. Check in to the hotel. After lunch, proceed to the nearest Corbyn’s Cove beach. Later proceed to attend the Sound and Light show at Cellular Jail. Overnight in Port Blair.
Day 2: Arrival at Havelock Island by ferry. Check in to the hotel. Later proceed to Radhanagar Beach. Overnight in Havelock Island.
Day 3: Relax near the beach with a book and beer in hand. Try scuba diving, sea walk and snorkelling during the day. Overnight in Havelock Island.
Day 4: Proceed to Elephant Beach by boat. Snorkel underwater at the beach. Back to Havelock Island by boat. Later take a ferry to Port Blair. Check in to the hotel. Overnight in Port Blair.
Day 5: Take a day trip to Ross Island. Try scuba diving, snorkelling and glass boat ride on the beach. Back to Port Blair. Overnight in Port Blair.
Day 6: Take a day trip to Neil Island by ferry. Visit the beaches of Sitapur, Bharatpur and Lakshmanpur. Back to Port Blair. Overnight in Port Blair.
Day 7: Take a day trip to Viper Island by ferry. Relax near the beach. Back to Port Blair. Overnight in Port Blair.
Day 8: Breakfast. Check out of the hotel to fly back home.
What are the must-try dishes of Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
- Fish Curry- Fish Curry is a very nice dish from Andaman. One can obtain a lot of options for fish from here. It has a very nice and hot taste.
- Amritsari Kulcha- It is stuffed with lots of delicious things like onion, coriander leaves, seasonings, and so on making it very tasty as well as a scrumptious meal.
- Chilli Curry- Chilli Curry is a delicious dish and is a really hot and happening meal, full of onion, tomatoes and also nice flavours in it.
- Macher Jhol- This meal contains different items like fish, chillies, coriander seeds, turmeric powder as well as some other active ingredients too.
- Coconut Prawn Curry- It is a subtle dish yet highly flavoured curry with an authentic taste. It tastes best when served with rice.
Tips when travelling to Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Currency- Debit cards are accepted but it is preferable to carry currency with you.
- Transport- Andaman Islands can be reached by ferries from Port Blair.
- Safety- Andaman and Nicobar Islands is absolutely a safe place to travel.
- Etiquettes- Revealing or tight wears are to be avoided at certain places. Try out their local customs.
- Mobile network and sim card- The major mobile service providers are Airtel, BSNL and Vodafone.
- Power plugs- You need power plugs and sockets of C and D type.
Checklist to travel to Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Travel Documents- Tickets, medical documents and relevant id cards.
- Money- Debit cards, currency.
- Clothes- Beach wears comfortable flip flops, sunglasses, hats.
- Electronics- Mobile phone, camera and travel adapter.
- Health and Hygiene- Medications that you are on, basic medical kit, women hygiene items, toiletries, insect spray.
FAQs for your Andaman and Nicobar Travel
1. What sort of climate can I find in the Andamans?
The general climate of the Andaman Islands is pleasant. However, the best season considered is October to April when the monsoon isn’t forecasted and climate remains pleasant.
2. How many days are sufficient for Andaman tour?
The ideal duration trip to Andaman is 6-7 nights when you can explore multiple places around.
3. Is it safe to travel by ship? Is it safe for solo female travellers to visit the Andamans?
It is extremely safe to travel by ship. It is well equipped with all the medical tools and emergency tools. You’ll be given all the details about the ship journey and safety procedures. Yes, it is extremely safe to travel Andaman by solo female travellers. Government has strict rules and regulations as the only mode of income is Tourist. So female travellers can safely travel around.
4. What is Motion/Sea Sickness?
Motion sickness is a feeling you get when the motion you sense with your inner ear is different from the motion you visualize. It happens when you travel by car, train, aeroplane and boat. Motion sickness progresses from a feeling of uneasiness to sweating and dizziness.
5. How to overcome sea sickness?
To overcome the problem, one can take medication available over the counter. Also one can treat by changing the environment. Some patients respond well to biofeedback training and relaxation techniques. You need to check with your doctor before such a trip and seek medication to avoid motion sickness.
6. What documents one must carry while visiting the Andamans?
No passport/visa/permission is required. But it is important to carry RAP and ID proofs.
7. What sort of fitness I must have to do Scuba Diving? Can small kids do it as well?
One should not have any kind of water phobia or health issues before getting into the scuba diving. You need to carry a medical certificate to present it with the service providers for confirmation.
There is an age limit of scuba diving. The minimum age is 10 years. Having prior experience of this activity would be very helpful.
8. What sort of nightlife is there in the Andamans?
Nightlife is prevalent in Port Blair; however, there is not much attraction in the city and even on the island. However, there are few parties and social activities take place in Andaman, but very few times.
9. Is Andaman good option for honeymoon?
Yes, Andaman is a good option for a honeymoon. In fact, it is the ideal honeymoon destination because of its long stretched beaches, water activities and beautiful climatic condition.
10. Is Andaman is good for family holidays?
Yes, Andaman is not restricted to honeymooners, but also family can visit. From water adventures to sightseeing, there are many things families too can enjoy.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands- An ideal destination for all the travellers
Gift yourself an Andaman tour package from Kolkata to experience a beach holiday like never before. Stroll around the beaches, witness beautiful views, and find a slice of paradise in Andaman. The most obvious reason to travel to the Andaman’s is to let oneself go completely, to recharge the body and collect new ideas. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an adventurous holiday of trekking, snorkelling and scuba diving, you’ll find that Andaman tourism has the charm of a holiday that’s far from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Gear up for this amazing vacation to Andaman and Nicobar Islands, all that you need to do is get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us at +91 3340525777.
We help you get the best Andaman and Nicobar Islands tour packages from Kolkata and customize it according to your budget and preferences.