11 Best Hotels In Andaman – Experience the Luxury
Posted on By Blog Admin
Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a slice of paradise in the Indian Ocean. For travellers from around the world, the picturesque white-sand beaches of Andaman and Nicobar, turquoise lagoons, the palm trees, and the generous hospitality make this a destination for a picture-perfect vacation.
Here is why Andaman and Nicobar Islands should be your next dream destination.
So if you are planning a trip to Andaman, choose from the 5-star hotels in Andaman and other excellent resorts that provide service and amenities similar to 5-star hotels.
How to reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
There are flights available from major cities like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore to Port Blair. There are direct flights available from Chennai and Kolkata which reaches in 2 hours to Port Blair.
Best Time to Visit Andaman
The best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands is between October and May.
What makes Andaman and Nicobar Islands a beautiful destination to travel?
The destination is a heaven for the honeymooners, an adventurous spot for the adventure lovers and an ideal island for a peaceful family getaway. The sunny skies, silver sands, golden beaches, sparkling seas and beautiful nature will altogether make your holiday unforgettable. Along with exotic seafood and splendid places, it offers an array of fun and outdoor things to do in Andaman.
So, what are you waiting for?
Plan a tailormade Andaman tour package from Kolkata to enjoy a dreamy beach vacation!
Top Hotels and Resorts in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Luxurious Resorts in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Barefoot at Havelock
Take an escape from your busy lives and come into the world of serenity. Barefoot at Havelock is located on Radhanagar Beach is full of opportunities. It is the most idyllic among all Andaman hotels with great sea views, surrounded by lush green trees and awesome food. It is a complete bliss staying in these elegantly designed and luxurious cottages and villas near the sea and experiencing nature at its best.
How to reach?
You can take a ferry from Port Blair to reach Havelock Island.
- Spa- They provide the spa facility to relax and stay away from all the tension. It helps to cleanse and rejuvenate your body and soul.
- Tree Walk-Take a leisurely walk around the hotel and admire the exotic trees, birds and animals.
- Farm to Table-Take a tour of the kitchen garden and livestock farm at Barefoot.
- Bird Trails-Enjoy a walk and look for the birds at the majestic Mahua jungle.
- Beach Trek-Experience a guided walk to the beautiful beaches of Kalapathar and Elephant.
- Water Sports-Indulge in activities like scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, fishing, stand up paddling and bodyboarding.
- Yoga- Join the yoga session they provide during your stay at the hotel to fuel your body, mind and soul.
- Romantic dinners- For the couples or honeymooners, they arrange a candlelight dinner among the majestic Mahua trees or on the beach.
- Trail Biking-You get to enjoy a guided cycling tour to the Barefoot Scuba Resort which is 10 km away from Barefoot at Havelock.
- Dining-You can enjoy the dishes inspired by local cuisine at the Swimming Elephant restaurant, have a drink at the Dugong Dugon bar or enjoy a dinner on the beach under the starlit sky with your loved one.
Accommodation at Barefoot at Havelock
Barefoot at Havelock consists of 31 elegantly designed, tents, cottages and villas with spacious interiors and modern amenities.
- Andaman Villa- It consists of 8 air-conditioned rooms inspired by the wooden architecture from the British era. The rooms are furnished with large beds with a panoramic view of the leaves and fruit trees for your ultimate holiday.
- Nicobari Cottage- Consisting of 9 air-conditioned rooms, it has a rustic charm and comes with king-size beds, a writing desk and a chair, a couch for two and an en-suite bathroom. You must stay in these cottages to get all the island vibes.
- Tented Cottage- This room is a luxurious tent equipped with four-poster double bed, a writing desk and a chair and an attached bathroom. It consists of 12 air-conditioned rooms and is ideal for those who are looking for comfortable space on their holiday.
- Fan-cooled Duplex Cottage- It is perfect for families travelling with children. The room consists of a four-poster double bed, a writing desk and a chair and a wardrobe.
- Fan-cooled Nicobari Villa- It consists of a designer room that gives you the island feel with a touch of modern luxury. A large four-poster bed, wooden chairs and table and wooden flooring give this room an elegant look.
Indulge in the local cuisines curated with fresh produce. The dishes are prepared with the organically grown vegetables and herbs from their own garden.
2. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica is a 5 star resort in Andaman and a blend of rainforests, national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches and ancient tribal cultures. It provides modern luxury villas and impeccable facilities and services to the visitors. The resort offers fun activities for children that engage them in marine life, gives you opportunities to pick fruits from their orchards, jungle treks, beach picnics and water sports. There are a lot of adventurous things to do for young and curious minds and provides an endless source of delight and discovery.
How to reach?
You can take a ferry from Port Blair to reach Havelock Island.
- Fitness Centre- There is a fitness centre with all the gym facilities for the fitness freaks.
- Spa-The resort provides the best of spa facility to its visitors. It includes signature experiences, Indian therapies, spa indulgences, body scrubs and wraps, Ayurveda therapies and beauty.
- Yoga and Meditation- Transport yourself to new heights of relaxation by indulging in yoga and meditation.
- Trekking- You can trek between the old trees and aged driftwood at an isolated destination provided by the Kalapathar beach.
- Forest Trek- Take a trail for 2 hours and have a look at the flora and fauna thriving in Andaman’s enchanted forest.
- Water Sports- You can enjoy water activities on the beach like snorkelling, scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and day-night kayaking.
- Dining- The restaurants which offer exotic food in the resort are The Settlers, Turtle House and Shoreline.
Accommodation at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Deluxe Villa- An air-conditioned villa with a king-sized bed and a vanity area with a closet and spacious bathroom fitted with a rain shower and a bathtub. It offers deck chairs and a bed where you can soak the sun or feel the breeze.
- Grand luxury two-bedroom pool villa- A residence with a private sitting area and two bedrooms with spacious en suite bathrooms and two vanity units. You get a private pool with deck chairs and sofa to spend time with the family.
- Presidential three-bedroom pool duplex villa- The presidential villa has a private elevator, living area, powder room, pantry and three bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. You get a private swimming pool overlooking the beach and a private bar.
The Settlers restaurant gives the delight of regional cuisine. Turtle House features in global grill cuisine and the menu includes American, European, Middle-Eastern and Indian Classics enhanced with local ingredients. Shoreline restaurant is a multi-cuisine restaurant and offers incredible variety and techniques of curries across Southeast Asia and India.
Top Beach Resorts in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
3) Silver Sand Beach Resort
Flanked by swaying palm trees, overlooking the vast sea, this resort in Havelock is one of the most idyllic and charming beach resorts. Set beautifully by the Vijay Nagar Beach, this island beach resort is an amazing option for couples and families.
- You can enjoy various activities at the private beach including scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Sit at the beach and test your skills at angling.
- Boat rides are also arranged from the resort.
- They offer exceptional sea food at their multi cuisine restaurant, ZOLA.
Accommodation in Silver Sand Beach Resort
- Andaman Villa- The villas are garden facing rooms and furnished with local wooden interiors. It is equipped with all modern amenities like toilet, shower bath, TV and hairdryer.
- Andaman Cottage- Located just near the reception, the rooms are equipped with all modern amenities like toilet, shower bath, TV and hairdryer.
- Andaman Lagoon- These rooms come with beach front and are equipped with all modern amenities like toilet, shower bath, TV and hairdryer.
- Andaman Exotica- These rooms offer beautiful sea view and are equipped with all modern amenities like toilet, shower bath, TV and hairdryer.
- Pool Villa- The spacious Pool Villa consists of 1 bedroom with en suite modern bathroom and dining area. The villa is perfect for couples or families traveling with children.
They offer scrumptious seafood at their multi-cuisine restaurant.
4) Symphony Palms Beach Resort
While staying here, you can not only be close to nature but also relax in its lap like a baby. Apart from all the luxurious facilities, the beach at the front is also a great place to entertain and pamper yourself and ideal for couples, families and friends.
- You can go for a blissful walk on the beach.
- Pamper yourself with the relaxing spa therapy.
Accommodation in Symphony Palms Beach Resort
- Casa Grande- A luxurious house designed with polished wooden furnishing and offers a wide range of amenities like air conditioning, Wifi access, wardrobes and complimentary breakfast.
- Havelock Cottage- The rooms are decked with polished wooden flooring and offer a wide range of amenities like air conditioning, Wifi access, and complimentary breakfast.
- Lagoon Suite- The vast area is split between a spacious bedroom area and en-suite bathroom. It offers beautiful views of the majestic ocean.
Enjoy the Asiatic dining experience with a wide range of beverages at their restaurant.
5) The Wild Orchid Resort
Wild Orchid is situated between the aqua blue waters of the Bay of Bengal and the jade green hills of Havelock. It is one of the best mid-range resorts in Havelock Island and a favorite among foreign travelers.
- The Red Snapper restaurant is a favorite among the tourists and people come here to dine.
- The Emerald Gecko Bar and the Clownfish Café are also amazing places to hang out.
- There’s also a Fat Martin’s South Indian Corner for those who prefers veggie food.
- Scuba instructors are also available to take you on an underwater trip.
Accommodation in The Wild Orchid Resort
- Style Room- These modern spacious cottages come with a Queen Size bed and are also suitable for small families. Amenities in the rooms include air conditioning, electronic safe, mini fridge and more.
- Classic Room- These rooms made of separate cottages are on the ground floor and are quaint, cozy and rustic. These rooms come with queen size bed, air conditioning, LCD Television and more.
They offer delicacies from Indian as well as International cuisine.
6) Tango Beach Resort
Located on Beach no. 1 of Neil Island, Laxmanpur Beach, Tango Beach Resort is one of the best resorts in Andaman for budget travelers who want to enjoy maximum facilities. The resort and restaurant faces the sea and it breezes the entire season.
- Indulge in a romantic dinner with your better half at the charming restaurant of the resort.
- The beach makes it a splendid place for swimming, snorkeling, fishing and scuba diving.
- There is guided jungle trekking that you can enjoy.
Accommodation in Tango Beach Resort
- Lagoon Suite- This room is considered as one of the most spacious room in Neil Island and boasts of a sofa set along with dresser, two comfy chairs, queen size bed and luxurious spring mattress along with many other modern amenities.
- Lagoon Room- Each room is well lighted, adequately furnished and luxuriously built. Each room is equipped with queen size bed and luxurious spring mattress along with many other modern amenities.
- Deluxe Room- Each room is well lighted and adequately furnished. Each room is equipped with queen size bed and spring mattress.
- Standard Room- These rooms come with modern amenities and you can enjoy the mesmerizing nature from your bedroom.
Tango Beach Resort serves authentic local flavors along with all types of cuisine in its two-floored restaurant. You can enjoy tasty food with your loved ones sitting in their sea-facing restaurant.
Top Hotels in Port Blair
7) Fortune Resort Bay Island
It is one of the best hotels in Port Blair overlooking the turquoise blue waters of the Bay of Bengal. Settled on the edge of the lush rainforest islands, this resort is an ideal place for both family and honeymooners. Even though it is not a 5-star property, but it is one of the best places to stay in Port Blair.
- Indulge in a wide range of delicacies including fresh seafood at an open deck restaurant with stunning sea view.
- Enjoy a relaxing swim at the sea view swimming pool.
- There is a games room for the kids.
Accommodation at Fortune Resort Bay Island
There are 46 well-maintained rooms. Each room is spacious and well decorated and some of them offer a breathtaking sea view.
- Standard Rooms- There are 44 rooms with either king sized or twin beds. Some of the rooms offer a sea view.
- Suites- 2 suites offering a separate living or private workstation and a fully equipped four fixture bathroom.
You can enjoy dining either in the comfort of your room or enjoy dining in their signature restaurant. The restaurant offers glorious sea view and serves exotic seafood along with Indian, Chinese, and Continental favourites.
8) Sea Shell Port Blair
Situated on top of the Marine Hill, the Sea Shell Hotel in Port Blair offers a stunning panoramic view of the city and sea. This luxurious hotel in Andaman will pamper you to the core with its all-inclusive modern day amenities. All in all, this is a great place to stay in Port Blair.
- The resort offers soothing view of the ocean.
- It has a rooftop lounge.
- Enjoy delicacies at its multi-cuisine restaurant.
- It offers live band entertainment.
- The hotel can arrange a get together or a celebration for you on request.
- They offer 24 hours room service.
Accommodation in Sea Shell Port Blair
- Standard Rooms- Spacious and luxurious rooms with huge French window, LCD TV, electronic safe and tea/coffee maker.
- Executive Rooms- Spacious and luxurious rooms with a balcony, LCD TV, electronic safe and tea/coffee maker.
- Deluxe Rooms- Spacious and luxurious rooms with a sit-out, LCD TV, electronic safe and tea/coffee maker.
You can enjoy cuisines like Indian, Chinese, Continental and Italian at their multi-cuisine restaurant.
9) Sinclairs Bay View
A stunning hotel that not only offer breathtaking views of the sea but also the finest hospitality in the whole of Port Blair. This resort is a favorite among honeymooners and is close to all the best places in Port Blair for easy access. The refreshing environs and the gorgeous decor will make you want to stay there forever.
- Couples can spend romantic evenings at the terrace of the hotel with great food and drinks while enjoying the feel of open sea.
- Feel the cool sea breeze and hear the sound of waves from the covered deck of the hotel.
- A Bunker dating back to the World War II is located inside the hotel, with its canon still in place.
- You can enjoy swimming at their outdoor swimming pool.
- There’s a fitness center with all the gym equipments.
Accommodation in Sinclairs Bay View
- Premier Room- Completely furnished, these rooms offer stunning views of the sea.
- Premier Plus Room- Large sized furnished rooms with three fixture toilets and wonderful view of the sea,
- The Valentine Room- Complete furnished rooms which offer privacy and beautiful views of the sea from both sides.
- Premier Family Room- A spacious room equipped with two queen sized beds and attached three fixture toilets completely ideal for a family.
- Premier Family Suite- A spacious room with luxury of space and fine décor with attached three fixture toilets.
- Premier Family Attic Room- The rooms with two queen size beds, it is ideal for a family of four with attached three fixture toilets and has attic for Children.
- Premier Family Suite with Attic- The suite isspacious and elegant with two queen sized beds and has an attic for children.
Enjoy a sumptuous array of global cuisine and relish their fresh coastal seafood selection like tiger prawns prepared in a home cooked manner.
10) Hotel Sentinel
Another very good option in Port Blair, Hotel Sentinel offers luxury and grandness to its visitors. Located very close to the famous Cellular Jail, this luxury hotel is a sweet spot for travelers. Equipped with all the modern facilities this is one hotel in Andaman that will exceed your expectations.
- There’s a 24-hour front desk available.
- You can enjoy swimming at their private pool.
- Enjoy scrumptious food at their in-house restaurant.
Accommodation at Hotel Sentinel
- Deluxe Rooms- The rooms come with queen size bed, work desk, attached toilet, tea and coffee making facilities, TV and hairdryer.
- Luxury Rooms- The rooms are furnished with red timber furniture and come with queen size bed, work desk, attached toilet, tea and coffee making facilities, TV and hairdryer.
- Premier Rooms- The rooms come with queen size bed, attached toilet, tea and coffee making facilities, TV and hairdryer.
- Royal Suite- The rooms are furnished with local wood and have a separate dining area and a seating area. You can enjoy a deep soak in the bathtub. The rooms come with queen size bed, attached toilet, tea and coffee making facilities, TV and hairdryer.
You can enjoy different cuisines in their in-house restaurant.
11) Peerless Sarovar Portico
Out of all the beach resorts in Port Blair, the Peerless Sarovar Portico is the only resort located on the Corbyns Cove beach. It has all the facilities for the modern traveler, a relaxing ambiance, and the sweet company of the sea.
- You can try various water sports at the beach of the resort.
- You can enjoy uninterrupted views of the ocean.
Accommodation in Peerless Sarovar Portico
They offer guests an array of rooms with TV, Air condition and balcony from where you can enjoy the beautiful views of the ocean.
You can enjoy scrumptious cuisines like Indian and Chinese in their in-house restaurant.
FAQs about hotels in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1. Do we need a passport for Andaman?
As Andaman is a part of India, Indian travellers do not need a passport for visiting the place. However, foreign nationals do need a passport for visiting the Andaman Islands.
2. What facilities will I get in Hotels in Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
The hotels in Andaman & Nicobar Islands offer all the basic as well as luxury facilities. Some of the common facilities you can avail in the hotels of Andaman & Nicobar Islands include:
- Cozy and spacious rooms
- Air conditioning
- 24 hours reception
- Breakfast facilities
- LED Television
- In-house multi-cuisine restaurant
- Tea/Coffee maker
3. What is one of the best experiences in Andaman?
Scuba diving is one of the best experiences that serve as an ultimate adventure in the clear waters and is not to be missed by anyone when staying in Andaman.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands- A Tropical Paradise
Andaman and Nicobar have a variety of options for kids as well as adults to explorers and make it an ideal destination for all. Andaman is a treasure trove and offers different activities, breathtaking sceneries and exotic seafood. If you wish to relax on the sandy beaches, bask in the 5-star hotels in Andaman and enjoy the beautiful scenery, then Andaman and Nicobar Islands is the perfect destination for a refreshing holiday.
A mesmerizing holiday to Andaman in your mind?
Pick one of these hotels and resorts to have a fantastic vacation in this paradise and for Andaman hotel booking and other travel-related questions, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 3340525777.