Planning for Spanish Vacation? Tailormade Package Holiday to Spain
Planning for a trip to Spain? Read on for all you need to know for customized Spain Tour Packages
Spain is an exotic country in Southern Europe. Spain attractions offer a captivating blend of rich history, tradition and architecture. In this trip you enjoy the glorious mountain ranges, landscapes, the warm Mediterranean waters, historical cathedrals and of course the delicious food. Spain has exciting and unique festivals and experiences like La Tomatina, San Fermin-Pamplona, Running of the Bulls, Feria de Abril( April Fair of Seville), Las Fallas de Valencia( Festival of Fire) and Haro Wine Festival. If you wish to make any of these a part of your customized Spain tour packages from India or from any part of the world, make sure to have a 10-day Spain itinerary.
For Spain tours from India, there are direct and one-stop flights to choose from Air India, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Air France and more.
The visa for Spain is processed around 15 working days post registration. Visa can be applied from the nearest branch of VFS/ other visa facilitation centre in cities like New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. It will cost around $83. You can apply for the Visa through https://india.blsspainvisa.com/#
For further queries you can get in touch with us.
Best Time to Visit
Spain has a lot to offer to tourists no matter which season they visit the country in.
Winter from December to mid-March gets cold. You can enjoy the Christmas festivities, vibrant carnivals, skiing and views of the almond trees. You can also avail discounts on travel packages and hotel reservations.
Spring from March to April is a good time to visit Spain. You can cherish the azure skies and flowers blooming all around. Nature’s bounty will make you happy.
Summer from May to August is hot, but if you don’t mind the strong sun, you can enjoy the beautiful beaches, and make the most of the sun and surf. There are also several festivals to enjoy, such as the La Tomatina and Running with the Bulls.
Autumn from September to October offers a mild cold weather and you can enjoy the festivals like Flamenco, Bienal de Flamenco and a host of film festivals.
Top things you must try on your holiday to Spain
- Antoni Gaudi’s Artwork- One of the top things to do in Barcelona is to see the exceptional creations of famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi. His Park Guell, la Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo are some of the most famous buildings of the late 19th and early 20th century.
- Camp Nou Studium-Watch a live football Match and pick a ticket to watch the greatest footballer of all times, Messi. You will be fascinated by the beauty of the stadium and watching a match here would be a wonderful experience. Also, don’t forget to learn a few game chants before the match.
- Flamenco Show-An evening of flamenco in the heart of Madrid can be definitely worth your time and money. Watching the passionate dancers stomp the floors with their feet and beat their hands to their body to the rhythm of the music is a treat for the soul. It is indeed one of the best things to do in Madrid.
- Go skydiving-As Spain is full of adventure, skydiving is a must here. You should head to Empuria brava to feel the real thrill and make sure you look down at one of the largest marinas and admire the view of Costa Brava.
- Skiing-Visit the best ski resort in Europe, Sierra Nevada in Granada. The mountain range is the best to ski and will definitely be a fantastic experience.
- La Tomatina-The greatest festival in the World is celebrated on the last Wednesday of August every year in Bunol, Valencia. This Festival of happiness is hugely entertaining as has thousands of people hurling squashed tomatoes at each other on the streets. Make sure you dress accordingly and don’t forget to take a waterproof camera along.
- Benicassim Festival- If you love music, then you must definitely participate in the biggest music festival in Spain. This is held on the beach in Benicassim and has some great performing artists. So, spend these four days grooving at the music.
- Bull Fight Event- The bull fights are not for the faint hearted. The event lasts for three to four hours from spring through autumn with Sundays, typically the biggest day. The most famous bullfighting festival in Spain is, of course, the Pampalona Running of the Bulls at the San Fermin festival in July, which features actual bullfights as well as the famous Bull Run. The event also takes place in Seville, Ronda and Malaga.
- Famous food & drinks- Paella, a popular Spanish dish comes in form of meat as well as seafood. Tapas is a must try dish in Spain and must be tried in a local restaurant. You can have one tapa or two or more tapas and this could be croquettes, ham and cheese on toast, or truly anything, which can either be an appetizer, snack or a main dish. Best experienced with a glass of Sangria. Spain contributes to the largest wineries in the world. The popular drink, Sangria is a must try – it has red wine and chopped fruits as its popular ingredients.
- El Classico match- This match is played between the two greatest football teams, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. This is world’s most popular sporting events played in the Camp Nou Stadium. It will be real fun to watch the best teams playing and how they go on to win a league!
Best places to visit in Spain
Madrid, the capital of Spain, promises a good life. There is a huge amount to see and do here, as well as excellent nightlife lovely bars, restaurants, clubs and entertainment. The city provides many resorts, leisure facilities and some of the best restaurants in Spain. It is also a great place for shopping, theatre, opera, museums, parks.
Things to do in Madrid
- Puerta Del Sol- Stroll around and explore the most popular squares of Madrid like Oso y Madrono statue, Calle Alcala etc.
- Plaza Mayor- The architectural grandeur and the vibrant street of the city.
- Plaza de la Villa-A small plaza which is bounded by historical monuments of the city like House and Tower Lujanes.
- Palacio Real-Visit the Royale Palace of Madrid.
- Catedral de la Almudena-Seek blessings at the Catholic Church of Madrid.
- Museo Del Prado- Admire the Spanish art at the national museum of Madrid.
- El Retiro Park- It’s the largest park in Madrid filled with monuments, sculptures, galleries and lakes.
- Gran via- One of the most happening street, with numerous clubs, hotels, theatres and shopping centers.
Must-Try Dishes in Madrid
- Chocolate con churros- These are crispy, deep fried sticks of dough are dipped into mugs filled with thick, steamy chocolate.
- Patatasbravas- Fresh cut potatoes fried and covered with a red brava sauce.
- Cocido- The dish is made with chick peas and various meats and vegetables, including lard, chorizo and blood sausage.
- Tortillas- These are omelette stuffed with potatoes or slices, peppers and onions.
- Callos a la Madrilena-it consists of large chunks of chorizo sausage. It is thoroughly cleaned and then boiled before cooking it as a stew in a mix of tomato sauce, garlic and onions. It also contains potatoes, chickpeas and spices.
Barcelona is a charming seaside city. It boasts of scenic beauty and a cool lifestyle. The city is filled with galleries, museums and monuments, gorgeous scenery, breathtaking architecture and many other cultural attractions. Barcelona is also the chocolate producing center for Spain. The city has everything that you would wish for on a holiday.
Things to do in Barcelona
- SagradaFamilia- Visit this unfinished Roman Catholic basilica in Barcelona, designed by famous Spanish architect AntoniGaudí.
- Girona- It is a little town known for its culture and nightlife. You can take a day trip to Girona.
- Las Ramblas- Best walkaway in Barcelona and you can find interesting street performers here.
- Park Guell- It is a singular garden complex, known for its architecture and offers one of the best views of the city.
- Tibidabo- It’s an amusement park with lot of rides for children.
- Magic Fountain of Montjuic- Consisting of three waterfalls, it is a must visit for those people who loves light and music.
- PlacaReial- It is a well-known square and it is known for its famous nightclubs like Jamboree, Karma etc.
Must-Try Dishes in Barcelona
- Fideua- pastablended with seafood and meat, similar to paella.
- Escalivada- It’s a vegetable dish where onions, aubergine and peppers are chargrilled before being preserved in olive oil. It can be accompanied to meat or fish or served on bread as a snack.
- CremaCatalana- It’s a dessert where rich custard is poured into shallow ramekins before being finished off with a layer of caramelized sugar on the top.
- Fricando- It is made using thin slices of beef and a sauce which features small local mushrooms.
- Escudella- It’s a type of soup which is made of a clear broth with vegetables, pasta shapes and a large meatball called pilota. The broth and pasta are usually eaten as a first course while the meatball and vegetables are eaten as the main course.
Granada is the gem of Spain and has a rich culture and history. It is known for the Alhambra Palace which is the last stronghold of the Moorish kingdom. It is also known for its monuments, nightlife and adventure activities like skiing and trekking. Known for its beautiful beaches and the snowcapped mountains, Granada is perfect for adventure as well as cultural travel.
Things to do in Granada
- Plaza Isabel la catolica- Visit the place which features a bronze sculpture of Queen Isabella with Christopher Columbus.
- Catedral de Granada- Visit the cathedral for its baroque and renaissance architecture.
- Royal chapel-Visit the grand chapel which is situated in a Royal palace.
- Madraza Palace- It’s a mosque school which was founded by Yusuf 1.
- La Alcaiceria- Shop at the amazing Moorish Silk market.
- Alhambra- The most famous palace and fortress, known for its Islamic architecture and one can get stunning panoramic views of the city.
Must-Try Dishes in Granada
- Plato Alpujarreno- It contains potatoes, fried eggs, cured ham, blood sausage, sweet peppers and chorizo.
- RemojonGranaino- It’s a refreshing salad made of oranges, spring onion, olives, hard boiled eggs and codfish.
- Tortilla Del Sacromonte- It contains mutton brains, nuts and Serrano ham or chorizo.
- Olla De San Anton- It is made with beans, rice and pig slaughter, including the tail, spine and more.
If you love a great nightlife and partying, then the white island is a must-visit location at least once in your life. Being a family-friendly location, it offers a lot of activities to enjoy in your vacation. You can enjoy the best nightlife in the most famous clubs of the world here, laze around some of the most amazing beaches, shop at the flea markets, scuba dive with the dolphins and much more.
Things to do in Ibiza
- Nightlife- Hit the dance floor in the most famous clubs like Amnesia, Pacha and Ushuaia.
- Beaches-Stroll along the beautiful beaches like Cala Jondal, Cala D’Hort, Sa Caleta and Ses Salines etc.
- Formentera-Take a ferry and pop over to this gorgeous island if you want a break from the hard partying of Ibiza.
- Shopping-Shop at the fancy markets of Ibiza like fashion boutiques, thrift stores, hippy markets and flea markets.
- Scuba Diving-Head to the Cala D’Hort Marine Natural Reserve to scuba dive with the dolphins or even a whale.
- Other Activities-Other than partying or beaches, Ibiza offers waterparks, boat trips, mini-clubs and jeep safaris.
Must-Try Dishes in Ibiza
- Bullit de peix- One of the best representatives of Ibiza’s cuisine, it is a stew made with rock fish. It is prepared with the fresh fish and served with potatoes or rice.
- Sofrit Pages-This dish is a combination of meat, sausages and potatoes which make it a very complete and heavy dish.
- Arroz de Matanzas-It is delicious rice in broth with beef and mushrooms and perfect for the winters.
- Frita de Pulpo- The recipe combines octopus with potatoes, pepper, onion and garlic, which creates an amazing flavor.
- Borrida de rajada- A traditional dish, this stew has a delicious sauce, almonds and is served with potatoes.
A sample Spain itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Barcelona. Check in to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Barcelona.
Day 2: Visit Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas and enjoy street performance and Magic Fountain Montjuic. Overnight in Barcelona.
Day 3: Visit Park Guell. Have some gala time at Placa Reial. Overnight in Barcelona.
Day 4: Arrival at Madrid by train. Check in to the hotel. Visit Puerta Del Sol in the evening. Overnight in Madrid.
Day 5: Visit Palacio Real, Catedral de la Almudena. Explore the street of Plaza Mayor in the evening. Overnight in Madrid.
Day 6: Arrival atGranada by train. Check in to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Granada.
Day 7: Visit Alhambra. Overnight in Granada.
Day 8: Visit Catedral de Granada. Shop at the amazing La Alcaiseria. Overnight in Granada.
Day 9: Breakfast. Back to Barcelona by train. Check in to the hotel. Overnight in Barcelona.
Day 10: Breakfast. Check out of the hotel to fly back home.
Tips when travelling to Spain
- Currency- The currency of Spain is Euro. Debit and credit cards are accepted at some places but it is preferable to carry currency with you.
- Transport- The main ways to get around in Spain is by trains. There are trains and cars available to commute within cities. Madrid and Barcelona offers extensive metro systems.
- Safety- Spain is safe and possesses no serious problems.
- Etiquettes- It is recommended to dress decently at some places like churches, stick to beaches for sunbathing and avoid smoking at public places. It is recommended to try out their local customs.
- Mobile Network and Sim Card- The major mobile service providers are Movistar, Vodafone, orange and Yoigo. You can get the sim card in the airport itself.
- Power Plugs- You need power plugs and sockets of F and C type.
- Indian Embassy in Spain
Av. de Pío XII, 30, 28016
Phone: +34 913 09 88 82