Italy Tour Packages from Kolkata
Italy is known for its glorious history, culture and traditions. Italy is the birthplace of the Roman Empire and the Renaissance. Italy is rich in masterpieces of art and architecture and it has several famous Heritage Cultural sites. Apart from art and architecture, Italy is blessed with vibrant cities, lakes, mountains and a dramatic coastline. Italy tour offers variety of sightseeing and entertainment options. The icing on the cake is the delicious food that we get to eat here. Italy, an amazing land of sunshine, sea and Rocky Mountains and the beautiful cities grabs the attention of the people making this a fantastic country to visit.
Best places to visit in Italy
The places that must be definitely included in the package holidays to Italy are:
Rome is a city that is proud of its ancient glorious heritage and it is drenched in history and Christianity. Rome tour offers art and history on every corner of the city and people are overwhelmed by all this magnificent city has to offer. Combining world history, fantastic architecture and luxury life with a great climate, Rome is a beautiful place to spend time during your holidays and must be included in your Italy trip packages.
Best Time to Visit
The best times to visit Rome are between September to November and between Aprils to May.
The attractions in Rome to include in your Rome Italy tour packages
- Piazza Navona- A historical place, known for its Baroque architecture is surrounded by shops, restaurants and eateries and must be included in your Rome tour packages.
- Colosseum- Known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, it is mostly used for public entertainment arena.
- Vatican Museum- The museum is a must in your Rome packages as it features historically and culturally significant artifacts and offers virtual tour of Sistine Chapel, Pio Clementino etc.
- Galleria Borghese- Consisting of impressive private collections, it is filled with Bernini, Raphael and artifacts.
- The Pantheon- One of the most preserved buildings of Rome; it houses the remains of several illustrious figures, including Raphael.
- Trevi Fountain- It is known for its Baroque architecture and don’t forget to throw a coin in the waters and make a wish.
- Sistine Chapel- One of the famous art places in the world, the chapel is placed in the official residence of Pope and decorated by Michelangelo.
- Roman Forum- The Forum consists of the ancient buildings and is filled with grandiose temples, bustling marketplaces and civic buildings.
- Spanish Steps- Consisting of 135 steps, the stairway was designed by two architects Francesco de Sanctis and Alessandro Specchi. At the base of the Spanish Steps, you will find chapel, fountain and more.
Must-Try Dishes in Rome
- Suppli- It consists of fried rice ball mixed with ragu and mozzarella and cooked to perfection.
- Fiori di Zucca- Another fried favorite, where battered zucchini flowers are stuffed with mozzarella and anchovies. You must definitely try this on your trip to Rome.
- Baccala- These are salted cod fried in an eggy batter and served piping hot.
- Pizza al Taglio-Pizza which includes figs with parmesan, pumpkin cream with mozzarella and pancetta.
- Pizza Romana- This is topped with prosciutto, mushrooms, olives and a hard-boiled egg.
Venice is known for its waterways, gondolas and Venetian Gothic architecture. In Venice, you can stroll along the lanes and bylanes and enjoy the views from the quaint little bridges or take a gondola ride. Venice is a land of art, history, magic, tradition and diversity which makes it a romantic city as well as breathtakingly beautiful. You must explore the palaces and churches in your Venice tour which reflects the glorious past of the place.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Venice is April, May, September and October.
Attractions that must be included in your Venice packages
- St. Mark’s Square- It is a magnificent square which includes places to visit like Basilica San Marco, the Dogels Palace and the Correr Museum etc.
- Academia Gallery- A grand museum which includes works of great artists like Bellini, Tintoretto and Titan.
- Gondola ride-Take a wonderful ride through the famous Murano and Burano islands and must definitely be included in your Venice itinerary.
- Ca’Rezzonico- It is an aristocratic mansion of Venice.
- San Giorgio Maggiore- It’s an island opposite St. Mark’s square and offers views of the Bell tower vista.
- Bridge of sighs- It’s close to St. Mark’s square and one of the most romantic spots in Venice.
- Day Trip- Include in your Venice tour package a day trip to the popular islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello in your trip to Venice. Don’t miss to take a wonderful gondola ride through the islands.
Must-Try Dishes in Venice
- Sarde- Onions are softened over a low flame and mixed with raisins and pine nuts.
- Bigoli- This Venetian kind of pasta is springy and it’s tossed in an aromatic sauce of onions, anchovies and fennel seeds.
- FrittoMisto-Delights of the sea are covered in batter and deep fried to crunchy perfection. You’ll get a mix of shrimp, calamari rings and fish balls.
- Frittelle- These are glorious fried donuts stuffed with cream or raisins and candied orange peel and dipped in sugar.
- Tramezzino- A Venetian snack and it consists of two triangular pieces of white bread with fillings inside. The fillings include prosciutto cotto, artichokes, mozzarella layered with tomatoes to shredded radicchio with olives and soft cheese.
- Venetian Steak- One of the famous dishes in Venice, the steak is made of meat on which olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic are rubbed over the steak.
Florence, the capital city of Tuscany, is a city with rich historical and cultural heritage. Florence is a center of international trade, culture and fashion. The city boasts of the historical ruins, churches, breathtaking architecture, theatrical performances, Ballet Company, art and heritage, hundred year old paintings and best places to stay in Florence. Florence tour offers hospitable nature of the people and soothing beauty makes it a must-visit location in your Italy trip from India.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Florence is between May and September.
Attractions to include in Florence itinerary
- The Ufizzi Gallery- The museum of Renaissance period holds great works of art of that time.
- The Duomo- It’s a dome designed during Renaissance by Filippo Brunelleschi.
- The Basilica of Santa Croce- The burial destination of the famous people from history.
- Piazzale Michelangelo-The place which gives the view of the entire city of Florence.
- Ponte Vecchio- This is a bridge forming connection between Palazzo Vecchio to Palazzo Pitti.
- The Church of Santa Maria Novella and museum-This is the best Tuscany architecture designed by Brunelleschi.
- Leaning tower of Pisa- The Leaning tower of Pisa is famous because it is not vertical. Take a day trip to admire the most remarkable architectural structures of the building.
- Tuscany Winelands- Include it in your Italy package and take a day trip and go for a wine tour and explore the region with a drive through the scenic countryside.
- Academia Gallery- The museum consist of the magnificent giant marble sculptures created by Michelangelo, with most famous the glorious David.
Must-Try Dishes in Florence
- Lampredotto- It is a sandwich made with thinly sliced intestines that’s been boiled in broth. You can order it with spicy red sauce or herbal green sauce.
- Papardelle al Cinghiale- It’s long, wide, flat pasta that is usually paired with a heavy sauce, such as ragu. Ragu can be made wild hare, goose or rabbit. The wild boar meat is very delicious to eat.
- TagliatelleFunghi Porcini e Tartufo- It contains two most essential ingredients, truffle mushrooms and procini mushrooms. The pasta is tossed in the mushroom sauce and pieces of the vegetables serve as a texture compliment.
- Crostini- It is an appetizer platter which contains small pieces of Tuscan bread topped with different sauces, purees or vegetable salsas. You can have this dish as a starter in Florence.
- Ribollita- This traditional Tuscan dish is a soup made with stale bread, tomatoes, beans and any other in season vegetables and some herbs.
- Bistecca alla Fiorentina- It is an Italian steak made of veal or heifer. It is seasoned with salt and pepper.
Located in Northern Italy, Milan is the country’s financial and fashion capital. It is known for its fashion, art, culture and best places to stay in Milan. Milan’s theatres, museums and landmarks make it a popular tourist destination. The shopping centers of Milan attract a lot of visitors and it’s no wonder that Milan is one of the most visited cities in Italy.
Best Time to Visit
The best times to visit Milan are April to May and September to October.
Things to do in Milan
- The Last Supper- It’s a masterpiece of Leonardo da Vinci and a must-visit in your Milan tour.
- Milan Cathedral- The most important church in Milan and is known for its Gothic architecture.
- La Scala- Most famous opera house in the world.
- San Siro- Largest stadium in Europe, and has seen some electrifying football matches and band performances.
- Pinacoteca di Brera- It consists of greatest collection of the Italian paintings.
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II- Visit one of the world’s oldest shopping mall.
- Lake Como- Take a day trip to Lake Como in your Milan trip which is known for its resort area and dramatic scenery.
Must-Try Dishes in Milan
- Piadina- A thin, flacky Italian flatbread which is stuffed with full of meats, vegetables and cheese.
- Sgabeo- A bread dough that is cut into several pieces, then fried and salted. Another way to eat Sgabeo is that it is filled with either pastry cream or chocolate which is a sweet treat.
- Roasted Chicken- It is seasoned with garlic, olive oil, paprika, Italian seasoning, black pepper, oregano and salt. It is served as a side dish of pasta.
- Panzerotti-It is made with a little pizza dough stuffed with tomato sauce and mozzarella. Pizza toppings are added to improve the flavor.
- Puccia- It is a stuffed bun made of pizza dough. It is filled with vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, wild chicory and aubergines. It can also be stuffed with cheese, pepper, meat, fries and salad.
Located in the shadow of the Mt. Vesuvius, Naples is one of the most densely populated cities of Italy. Naples is known for a very rich history and heritage sites. It’s a dream city for all the history lovers as this city is filled with historical buildings, museums and castles. An Amalfi Coast holidays and Capri Tourism is a must when in Naples. The world famous dish “pizza” was born here and the city also has the best collection of restaurants in Italy.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Naples is between mid-March and early June.
Things to do in Naples
- Museo Cappella Sansevero- It’s a small chapel with amazing sculptures.
- Galleria Borbonica- An underground tunnel system, which showcases the Neapolitan history through paintings and sculptures.
- Amalfi Coast- Take an Amalfi Coast tour and visit the sun-kissed Mediterranean coast for its natural beauty, unique landscape and Amalfi Coast beaches. The best time to visit Amalfi Coast is between April to October.
- Mount Vesuvius- It’s a volcano which gives the panoramic view of the sea, mountains and the Naples city.
- Pompei- Visit this old city to see the wide variety of its excavations, paintings and to learn about the rich history.
- Capri- Take a Capri Island tour and visit the Capri beach to enjoy the pleasures of its scenery, natural wonders and lush greenery. Capri tour is a must when in Naples.
Must-Try Dishes in Naples
- Pizza Margherita- A dish where dough is baked and include toppings like red tomatoes, white mozzarella cheese and green basil.
- Pastiera- The buttery crust which holds a rich filling of cooked wheat berries, ricotta and pastry cream enriched with candied orange peel and flavored with orange blossom water.
- Calzone pizza- These are filled with meats such as salami or ham and cheeses such as mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, and pecorino.
- Pasta e patate-This dish is made with a combination of pasta and potatoes as key ingredients, usually alongside onions, celery, cheese rind, tomatoes, carrots, parsley, and garlic.
- Zeppole-Zeppole consist of deep-fried dough that is typically topped with sugar and can be filled with custard, jelly, pastry cream, or a combination of honey and butter.
An itinerary of Italy
Here’s an Italy itinerary for your Italy tour package:
Day 1: Arrival at Milan. Check in to the hotel. Evening at leisure.Overnight in Milan.
Day 2: City tour by bus includes La Scala opera house and Gothic Milan Cathedral etc. Overnight at hotel in Milan.
Day 3: Arrival at Venice by train. Check in to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.Overnight in Venice.
Day 4: Proceed for a tour to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello. Overnight in Venice.
Day 5: In the afternoon, proceed for a walking tour and gondola ride. Overnight in Venice.
Day 6: Arrival at Florence by train. Check in to the hotel. Afternoon tour to Pisa.Overnight in Florence.
Day 7: Proceed for a full day tour to Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti in Tuscany. Overnight in Florence.
Day 8: Arrival at Naples station by train. Transfer to Amalfi coast by car. Check in to the hotel. Evening is free at leisure. Overnight in Amalfi coast.
Day 9: Breakfast. Day at leisure.Overnight in Amalfi coast.
Day 10: Arrival at Capri. Check in to the hotel. Overnight in Capri.
Day 11: Breakfast. Day at leisure.Overnight in Capri.
Day 12: Arrival at Rome by train. Check in to the hotel. At afternoon, proceed for Vatican Tour and St. Peter’s Basilica. Overnight in Rome.
Day 13: Proceed for a tour to Colosseum, Roman Forum, Piazza Navona and Pantheon. Overnight in Rome.
Day 14: Breakfast. Day free at leisure.Overnight in Rome.
Day 15: Breakfast. Transfer to the Airport for flight back home.
Get in Touch
To experience a tailor-made Italy Tour Packages from India, get in touch with our experts on +91 3340525777.