Greece Tour Packages from India
Greece is a country in Southeastern Europe and is known for its fascinating history and natural beauty. It is one of Europe’sprime tourist destinations because of the countless islands, sandy beaches, ancient historical sites and the climate. Surrounded by crystal blue waters all around, Greece has around 2000 islands. Greece is also known for its music, food and festivals. You can plan a Greece trip from India between March to April and September to October. The city of Athens, the Santorini and Mykonos Islands is highly recommended in your Greece tour packages. Each of these places holds its own unique charm and ambiance that attracts visitors to visit the exotic country of Greece.
Tourist places to visit in Greece
The places which must be definitely included in the Greece holiday package from India are:
Athens is the capital and largest city of Greece. It is established around seven historic hills and surrounded by remarkable mountains. This city is famous for its archaeological ruins and monuments. The bustling city is also an important center for culture, nightlife, cuisine and shopping which makes it a wonderful place to visit during your trip to Greece.
There are no direct flights to Athens from India. Connecting flights from major cities like Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai are available via Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, and Moscow etc.
Things to do in Athens
- Acropolis- The most famous landmark of Greece is the eternal symbol of democracy and education.
- Parthenon- It is the ancient temple in the city of Acropolis and dedicated to goddess Athena.
- Acropolis Museum-It contains the artifacts of the Acropolis.
- Syntagma Square-Stroll around the central square of Athens.
- Temple of Olympian Zeus- Visit the temple which was dedicated to Zeus, the king of Olympian gods.
- The National Art Gallery- Admire the art museum devoted to Greek and European art from 14th to 20th century.
- Parnitha National Park- Hike the mountain to get a beautiful site of the Beletsi Lake.
Must-Try Dishes in Athens
- HoriatikiSalata- A Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots, olives, sprung with virgin Greek olive oil and a piece of creamy feta cheese on the top, seasoned with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Spanakopita- It’s a filo pastry filled with spinach and different kinds of herbs and cheese, spring onions, eggs and olive oil.
- Pastitsio-The dish consists of minced meat layered with pasta and a tomato based sauce and is usually topped with béchamel. It is baked in the oven which makes it creamy and rich in flavor.
- Gemista- These include stuffed tomatoes, zucchinis and bell peppers filled with rice, herbs, spices, pine seeds and tomato sauce. It is then baked in the oven and served with crispy potatoes and drizzled with olive oil and tomato sauce.
- Briam-It is roasted and includes seasonal vegetables such as eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, shallots, carrots and garlic mixed with herbs and topped with tomato sauce. You can enjoy this dish with a salty feta cheese and crunchy bread.
ii) Santorini Island
The island of Santorini was formed after a large volcanic eruption that created a caldera. The small island offers a rich variety of landscapes including beaches, sunsets and villages. You must visit Santorini for its stunning sunsets and dramatic views, fine dining and wineries and destination weddings. The white beach, red beach and black pebble beach are some places which should not be missed.
You can take a connecting flight to Athens from major cities like Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. Later, you can take a short flight or ferry to Santorini.
Things to do in Santorini Island
- Fira- The main town on the island and offers stunning beauty, amazing landscapes, museum, few bars and clubs.
- Oia- A picturesque town loved by tourists for the views of the beautiful sunset.
- Akrotiri- It’s a town known for its famous Minoan civilization.
- Perissa- A quiet town of Santorini famous for its long black sand beaches.
- The volcano- It is an active volcano which is the main reason of how the island looks like.
- Winery- Visit the wineries and taste wines at famous wineries like Volcan wines museum and Santo wines etc.
Must-Try Dishes in Santorini Island
- Fava- The most famous dish in Santorini, it is actually a yellow split pea puree. The creamy dish is usually served warm with olive oil and lemon and sometimes topped with chopped onions or capers.
- Ntomatokeftedes-A vegetarian appetizer fried in hot olive oil, it also includes peppers, mint and other herbs in a thick batter.
- Kopania- These are old-fashioned Santorini sweets made of powdered barley rusks and mixed with raisins and sesame seeds. The dough is then rolled into little balls and sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds.
- Apochti- A traditional food in Santorini, it is pork loin salted and then placed in vinegar before being air-dried. A mixture of pepper and cinnamon is then rubbed on the meat and then used in a variety of recipes.
- Melitinia- It is a delicious sweet cheese pie made with fresh mizithra cheese, sugar and mastiha powder. After that, it is baked up in the oven.
iii) Mykonos Island
Mykonos lies in the heart of the Cyclades islands. It is a place where glamour meets simplicity. You must visit Mykonos Island for its nightlife and wonderful beaches. The island is also a paradise for the water sports enthusiasts as the beaches offer windsurfing and diving. Explore the history and traditions in this beautiful island of Mykonos.
You can take a connecting flight to Athens from major cities like Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai. Later, you can take a short flight or ferry to Mykonos.
Things to do in Mykonos Island
- The Windmills- They provide a splendid view of sunset and you can spend a romantic time in the area.
- Little Venice- It’s a district on the island which is famous for its two or three storied picturesque colored buildings.
- Paraportiani Church- Seek blessings at the most popular church on the island.
- Archeological Museum-The museum contains statues, stelae and funerary urns from the nearby island of Rheneia.
- Psarou- Visit the most popular beach on the South coast.
- Paradise- It’s the perfect beach for the party lovers.
Must-try Dishes in Mykonos Island
- Kopanisti- It is a cheese made of cow’s milk, and it has a creamy texture, a spicy flavor and a rich essence. It is served on wet rusks, topped with tomato and olive oil.
- Louza- It is made of pork and then dried out and fired under the sun and then carefully prepared with salt, pepper and other spices. It is usually served in thin, dark ruby slices.
- Kremidopita- Mykonos’s most famous, it is made with a local cheese called tirovolia. It is made with onions and it gives a sweet and balanced flavor. The pie’s sheets are thick and fluffy.
- Kalathaki- These are almond cakes made with flour, butter, eggs, almonds, and cinnamon and are often called “Sunday Sweets”.
- Sausages- It is prepared with pork and seasoned with spices, salt, oregano and pepper and are left out to dry.
A suggested itinerary of Greece tours from India
Here’s a specially curated itinerary for your Greece tourism packages from India:
Day 1: Arrival at Athens. Transfer to hotel and relax. Dinner.Overnight in Athens.
Day 2: City tour includes Acropolis, Panathenaic Stadium and more. Evening at leisure.Dinner.Overnight in Athens.
Day 3: Take a ferry to Santorini. Later, Santorini island tour. Dinner.Overnight in Santorini.
Day 4: Tour of Volcano, hot springs, Thirassia. Watch sunset at Oia. Dinner.Overnight in Santorini.
Day 5: Ferry transfer to Mykonos Island. Day at leisure.Dinner.Overnight in Mykonos.
Day 6: City and island tour includes wind-mills, popular beaches and more. Dinner.Overnight in Mykonos.
Day 7: Back to Athens by ferry. Later Athens by Night tour and a walk through streets of Plaka.Dinner.Overnight in Athens.
Day 8: Breakfast. Transfer to the airport to fly back home.
Get in Touch
To experience a tailor-made Greecepackages from India, get in touch with our experts on +91 3340525777.