Vacationing in Goa? Tips for a luxurious hassle-free stay
Planning to travel to Goa? Sun-kissed beaches, water sports, tempting food shacks, spice farms, river cruises, sizzling nightlife and seafood come to mind when we think of Goa. Also, unique architecture and flea markets attract tourists from all over the world. To experience luxury in Goa you must experience lavish beach restaurants, nightclubs, retreats and hotels in your Goa holiday packages. There’s lot more to the happening and bustling Goa. Read on to plan a hassle-free travel and enjoy all of it in your holiday to Goa.
You know that the dream beaches of Goa in the western slopes of the majestic Western Ghats are great for lazing around, good food and a frenzied night life. But there’s much, much more to Goa than just that. We at Flying Squirrel Holidays are packing a punch in this marvellous bargain that explores treasures way off the beaten track. The peak tourist season to visit Goa is between October and January, although the monsoon in Goa is also beautiful.
When in South Goa, go for gentle and mellow surfing or some pulsating river rafting, parasailing, water skiing or banana boat ride. A crocodile-spotting cruise along the Cumbarjua Canal is as exciting as it can get. Thanks to the Portuguese rule for more than four centuries, Goa has a unique blend of European and traditional Indian influences. From UNESCO World Heritage sites in North Goa to beautiful Portugese architecture, the art and culture of this sunny state is also to be savoured. And of course, no trip to Goa is complete without the famous Goan kingfish, Chicken Sagoti, and Prawn Balchao. With the sea and rivers full of prawns, mackerels, sardines and crabs, every meal is much more than just food -it’s an experience!
How to reach Goa?
The nearest Airport to Goa is Dabolim Airport at a distance of 29 km from the main city. Dabolim Airport serves regular flights from Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad.
The domestic airlines flying into and out of Goa include Indigo, SpiceJet, GoAir, Vistara and Air Asia India.
International travelers can apply for visa through https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/
If you are a foreign national, you need to upload your documents along with the application form on the website and the e-Visa would be delivered on your e-mail in around 96 hours. The payment can be electronically made via debit/credit card. e-Tourist Visa fee is around 35 pounds or $43 or 39 Euros per person excluding interchange charge for debit/credit cards. The e-Visa is valid from the date of arrival and cannot be extended.
For further queries you can get in touch with us.
Best Time to Visit
Winters from November to February are a bit chilly and by far the best time to visit Goa. Winter in Goa is a fun season with fairs, parades, festivals and parties that wind up late in the night on the beaches. Don’t forget to watch out for the beautiful mists that swirl around the paddy fields and streets in the mornings.
What makes Goa a perfect getaway for a luxury vacation?
1. Top Luxurious Hotels
Goa is not only famous for its beaches and nightlife, but also for its luxurious hotels. They offer well-decorated rooms, five-star restaurants, beach shacks, luxury villas, poolside decks and hospitable staffs which will make your holiday an unforgettable one!
- Taj Exotica- Renowned as one of the best hotels in Goa with a private beach, the key attractions are lobster shack, golf course, garden villas and water sports. Prices start from INR 14,000 per night.
- Alila Diwa Goa- Stay in comfort and experience the best of Goa at this enclave of sophistication and luxury. Key attractions are Open air jacuzzi, Detox Detour Programme, Spice Studio – the pan Indian restaurant and Martin’s Corner restaurant. Prices start from INR 13,000 per night.
- Grand Hyatt Goa- Experience luxury at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, where you can relax in splendid rooms overlooking the Bambolim Bay. The key attractions are Shamana spa, indoor lap pool, Camp Hyatt for kids and Calangute, Baga, Candolim beaches nearby. Prices start from INR 12,000 per night.
- Vivanta by Taj- With mesmerizing views of the Arabian Sea, Vivanta by Taj will keep you in high spirits. There is also a sunset deck where you can enjoy romantic dinners with your loved one. The key attractions are Thai restaurant, yoga pavilion, beach house and rock climbing. Prices start from INR 10,000 per night.
- Goa Marriott Resort and Spa- The Goa Marriott Resort and Spa is one of the grandest hotels you will come across in Goa. The rooms are well furnished and luxurious with beautiful views of the sea and the beach. The key attractions are Swim up bar, Bay View Patio rooms and Mum’s Kitchen – a nearby restaurant where you can savor Goan preparations. Prices start from INR 9,000 per night.
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa- The resort offers guestrooms and suites which are fully equipped and have amazing views of the sea, the beach, and the poolside lagoons. The key attractions are Casa Sarita restaurant, sunken bath, pool lagoons and Sereno Spa. Prices start from INR 9,300 per night.
- Deltin Suites- One of the finest luxury hotels and resorts in Goa, this casino hotel has spacious rooms with all kinds of amenities like LCDs, mini fridges, electronic safes and also has separate patios and living rooms. The key attractions are Recreation room, Casino Royale, buffet breakfast and Emperor Restaurant. Prices start from INR 6,900 per night.
If you are looking for enchanting beaches to relax, and sunbathe, listen to the waves, enjoy the beach parties or some adventurous water sports, then Goa is the place to be! Goa beaches offer unspoiled scenic beauty and serene atmosphere making it a perfect place for complete relaxation. While there are many popular beaches in Goa, to have a relaxing time and get some private space, the beaches in south Goa are recommended. So plan a trip to Goa and choose the right beach for your holiday goals.
Visit these beaches in South Goa for a peaceful experience:
- Colva Beach-Famous for a candlelit dinner with romantic notes on the violin in the background. You can enjoy a romantic dinner on the beach.
- Palolem Beach- Come here to witness the happening nightlife in Goa. Famous for Silent Noise Party at ‘On The Rocks’, dolphin spotting, scuba diving and photogenic sunsets.
- Agonda Beach-An ideal getaway for peace seekers, stay at the comfortable beach huts, enjoy dolphin rides, hiking and windsurfing.
- Benaulim Beach- This is among the good beaches for indulging in water sports like parasailing, boat riding, jet skiing and more. Spice plantations and St. John’s Church are added attractions.
- Bogmalo Beach- It is an ideal place to experience the coastal lifestyle and enjoy fishing activities. You must try the authentic Goan cuisine available at local eateries.
3. Lavish Restaurants
Goa offers some of the fanciest, posh and romantic restaurants to dine in Goa. From scrumptious seafood to mouth-watering Italian, Goa offers an extensive variety of cuisines. Scan through this list of some must-visit restaurants that will surely make you head over heels for them.
- Thalassa- An outdoor open air restaurant overlooking the Arabian Sea, this is a lovely place to book a meal. The place is highly known for Greek ambiance and serves Mediterranean and Greek cuisines. Some of the must-try dishes are veg moussaka, meat platter, spicy mushroom, sangria and chocolate cheesecake.
- Waterfront Terrace and Bar- A part of Goa Marriott Resort and Spa, it is considered to be one of the top restaurants in Goa. Visit this place with your partner and enjoy candle light dinner with a gorgeous sea view. The restaurant specializes in North Indian, Asian and Mediterranean cuisines.
- Go with the Flow- Housed in the premises of a Portuguese mansion at the end of the Baga Beach, you can either dine in the gardens or on the sky-dining platforms. Dine enjoying the mesmerizing views of the beach and great ambiance. It is a great place for continental lovers and prawns, chicken steak, pea risotto and grilled chicken are some of the best dishes to try out here.
- A Reverie- A fine dining restaurant in Calangute renowned for its lovely décor, live music events and is a best spot for a candle light dinner in Goa. It offers continental cuisine and chicken lollipop, pad thai, tiramisu and wasabi prawns are must-try dishes here.
Goa has something to do every night, be it party hopping with travelers from around the world in the famous clubs, or simple enjoying a private dinner on the beach, nightlife in Goa is truly enchanting.
Have a look at some of the best Goa nightlife experiences:
- Loekie Café, Arambol- Head to this café for an exclusive jam night and sing your heart out. This blue shack and restaurant offers heart-warming local delicacies and organizes frequent jam nights turning the place into a live orchestra and a flash mob.
- Silent Noise-Spend your Saturday night at Palolem Beach which vibrates with the silence of this party known as the Silent Noise. Gather around with your friends, plug into the headphones and groove to the music of your choice.
- Tito’s Bar and Club- it is of the most popular clubs and located near Baga Beach in a lane that is filled with various other restaurants and clubs. The club is popular for hosting varied theme nights such as Ladies Night, Karaoke night, Bollywood vintage night and so on.
- Soro- This is located in an old Goan house that offers pleasant outdoor seating along with a pool table. One of the unique things about this club is their Salsa nights which are hosted every Sunday. It offers live band entertainment options and a great place to play pool.
- Club Cabana-If you are looking for a happening night club, Club Cabana is the place to visit. It comes with an open-air bar along with a multi-level dance floor that attracts a large number of party tourists. Its outdoor area is decorated with a big pool situated in the centre along with an exclusive reserved area for ladies which ensures complete safety and privacy.
Goa has another side beyond parties and nightlife, which is relaxation. Several people come here to relax rather than indulging themselves in the crowded parties or nightlife. Goa is considered one of the best places in India for meditation and yoga retreats and lets you practice yoga without worrying about the distractions in your life. You can practice different yoga styles, try luxurious spa experiences and meditate on the surreal and quiet beaches of Goa. Book your stay at luxurious yoga retreats, experience calmness and spirituality and rejuvenate your body and mind.
Some of the best yoga and spa retreats in Goa are:
- Bamboo Yoga Retreat- Located near the Patnem Beach close to the restaurants and shops, it is one of the best places to practice yoga in Goa and provides accommodation in eco-friendly beach huts. You can also enjoy massages and therapies as they have a separate spa area.
- Little Cove Yoga Retreat- Get to meditate and yoga at the beachfront of Agonda Beach and enjoy accommodation in deluxe bamboo beach cottages.
- Kranti Yoga Village Beach Resort- Located on Patnem Beach, it offers luxurious stay in deluxe cottages. There are also optional evening activities including full moon and candlelight meditations and yoga movies.
- Earth Yoga Village- Located at the northern end of the Palolem Beach, you will find yourself among a special community here. It offers accommodation in eco-friendly huts and dorms.
- The Beach House- This boutique wellness resort is situated on Sernabatim Beach and offers luxurious rooms and a wide variety of wellness programs with spa therapies.
Exclusive Experiences for your Goa Holiday
1. Private Dinner on the Beach
Travelling to Goa with your partner can be a life-changing experience. While the sun, sea and sands make for a lovely holiday, evening offers romantic dinners near the beach, to really spend that together time surrounded by all the calm and beauty.
The luxurious restaurants that offer romantic Candlelit Dinners near the beach are:
- Simply Grills- Miramar Beach
- Barbeque- Vainguinim Beach
- Go with the Flow- Baga Beach
- A Reverie- Calangute Beach
2. Dolphin Watching
The blessed water of Arabian Sea offers Goa a multitude of pleasures like Dolphin watching. Dolphins are adorable and endearing to watch. Dolphin Watching is one of the fun water activities in Goa. Enjoy close encounter with wild dolphins in the waters of the Arabian Sea with a half-day cruise from Goa.
The best places for dolphin sighting in Goa include, Calangute, Palolembeach, Agonda beach, Miramar beach, Aguada bay, Dona Paula beach and Grande Island. You can enjoy a luxurious tour of dolphin watching on a luxury yacht cruise. Take upon a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the surreal feeling of watching these dolphins dance along with the waves.
3. Private Cruises
Apart from the gorgeous beaches, perfect sunsets and the Portuguese and Indian culture, hopping on cruises in Goa is the most exquisite one.
You will be pampered with choices of the luxury cruises. If you are planning to go for a cruise ride, then these are the best options:
- The Solita- The Solita is a classic 42 foot luxury yacht that's available for private charter, whether you simply want a romantic evening for two or a celebration with close family and friends.
- Royal Yacht Charter- Go on an adventure ride or just glide through the water smoothly to take in the natural beauty all around. See picture postcard villages, old colonial Portuguese houses, beautiful churches, coconut groves, birds, bats, crocodiles, and even dolphins.
Goa is one of those places where gambling is legal. Try your luck at Casinos in Goa which offer a thrilling time. The popular casinos in Goa you must surely visit once are Maharajah Casino by Big Daddy, Deltin Royale Casino, Casino Pride, Deltin Caravela Casino, Deltin Jaqk, Casino Pride 2, Casino Carnival, Casino strike, Las Vegas Casino, Treasures Casino etc.
5. Spice Plantation Tour
In Goa there are some major spice plantations, where visitors can see how spices are grown and processed. You can go on private tours by car to visit these spice plantation farms. Special informative and entertaining tours are conducted for the tourists and this can be one of the best experiences one can have in their trip. Some of the famous plantations are Savoi Spice Plantation, Sahakari Spice Farms and Tropical Spice Plantation etc.
Tips when traveling to Goa
- Currency- The currency of India is Indian Rupee (INR). It is preferable to carry currency with you.
- Transport-There is multiple options like rent a bike or car, take a bus, ride a ferry, or opt for a motorcycle taxi- a unique mode of transport. You can also take auto rickshaws or cabs.
- Mobile network and sim card- The major mobile service providers are Airtel and Vodafone.
- Power plugs- You need power plugs and socket of C and D type.
- Safety-Goa remains essentially a safe destination for travelers. So long as you adhere to a few basic and common-sense safety precautions, you should stay safe and secure in Goa.