France which is located in Western Europe is the most renowned country as the most visited tourist destination. Visitors are attracted by historic cities, a beautiful countryside, picture perfect landscapes, art and culture and adventures. France is also home to majestic mountains, stunning white sand beaches and sun drenched vineyards. The country is highlighted by stunning cities like Paris and Nice, art museums like The Louvre and sun soaked beaches along the French Riviera. Many beautiful ancient building such as Notre Dame brighten this country for all to see. France is considered a hub of fashion and shopping. Food and wine are two main important things in French cuisine. Lights, sounds and sights of the country encourage people to vacation in French.
In France places to visit are:
The top places to visit during your France tour from India that will leave you in awe are:
Paris, the capital of France, is filled with historical monuments, is rich in culture, architecture, food and fashion. In your tour to Paris you can wonder along the Parisian streets, walking the avenues and bridges and sipping coffee in one of the cafes in Paris. There are a lot of attractions which can be included in your Paris package like visiting the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, Seine River cruise, Musee D Orsay, Arc-de Triomphe, Champs -Elysees and more. The first Trip to Paris is like a dream come true for every traveller and must be included in your package holidays to France.
Best Time to Visit
The best times for your Paris vacation are from April to June and October to Early November.
Main attractions in Paris
- Eiffel Tower- Most well known symbol of the country, it is built as a temporary structure and considered as the most visited sites in the world. Go up the Eiffel Tower to enjoy the panoramic 360 degree view of the city. You can dine at the most expensive Jules Vernes Restaurant which requires being book in advance. It must definitely be included in your Paris holiday packages.
- The Louvre- World’s largest museum, housed in the Louvre Palace and hosts impressive art collections of Egyptian antiques, Islamic Art, Roman antiques, paintings and drawing of the famous Mona Lisa.
- Notre Dame- It is a Roman Catholic Church known for its architecture. The Cathedral towers will reward you with the best views of the city.
- Arc de Triomphe- It is the most monumental of all the triumphal arches in Paris, France and known for its neoclassical architectural style.
- Montmartre- It is a high-raised village suburb and gives way to some of the most picturesque scenes in Paris. Some of the must visit attractions in Montmartre are Sacre Coeur, Church of St. Pierre, Sinking House of Montmartre and Moulin Rogue etc.
- Jardin des Tuileries- It is a public garden, created by Catherine de’Medici where people come to relax, stroll and chat with friends, and enjoy a peaceful evening.
- Champs Elysees- There exist a plethora of restaurants, boutiques, flagship stores in the likes of Hard Rock Cafe, Louis Vutton etc. There are a good collection of cafes like Laduree, Le Fouquet’s where you can just see and see the world go by.
- Seine River Cruise- This hour long cruise takes you through the historic centre of Paris and you shouldn’t miss it in your Paris tour package. Sit back, relax, as you get spectacular glimpses of the city's most iconic monuments - Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre and more. The best cruises that you can cruise on the Seine River are Bateaux Parisiens, Seine River Cruise etc.
- Paris by foot- Paris is one of the cities which you can enjoy exploring by foot. You can take a walk along the Seine River and walk through the popular bridges like Pont Neuf which is famous for attractions near it like Place Dauphine and Louvre Museum.
Must-Try Dishes in Paris
- Steak Frites- The simple pairing of a grilled steak with various optional sauces and chips is used when the meat is well selected and carefully matured and the potatoes are fresh, hand-cut and double-fried.
- Choucroute- It is made of white cabbage cooked in Riesling, duck or pork fat, with herbs and garlic and topped with sausages and pork knuckle.
- Israeli food- It is a combination of fresh, vibrant vegetable, fish and meat dishes lifted with perfectly pitched spices, tahini and citrus.
- Paris Brest- The wheel-shaped pastry is garnished with praline butter cream and sprinkled with caramelized almonds is guaranteed bliss for sweet lovers.
- French Onion Soup- These are simply beef broth of onions with cheese and croutons. It is perfect for a cold fall day.
- Bakery- Paris is well known for its sweet bakery items that is a must try are croissants, baguettes, eclairs etc.
Versailles is a majestic city with deep royal roots. It is renowned for its beautiful gardens and palaces. The city is a masterpiece of classic architecture. The town centre is particularly attractive, with its shops, restaurants and cafes, and its renowned market. Versailles has a whole host of other attractions too and you must visit Versailles for its historic districts, cultural heritage and spectacular festivals.
Best Time to Visit
The best times to visit Versailles are April to June and October to November.
Main Attractions in Versailles
- Palace of Versailles- Celebrated for the extravagance of its apartments, the palace is adorned with gold, crystal and precious gems. It is a well preserved site and is a stunning example of 18th century French Art.
- Gardens of Versailles- It covers 800 hectares of land with sculptures, rare flowers and vivid greenery. The gardens consist of manicured lawns and grand fountains. You must plan to visit during summer when water shows are performed every evening.
- Grand Trianon- It is a hamlet on the outskirts of Versailles which served as a place of refuge for the monarch. You can visit for the enchanting French-style geometrical gardens brimming with orange blossoms.
- Versailles Cathedral- It is considered as a French National Monument, it is a Roman Catholic Church. It boasts of its graceful Baroque style and is home to a number of interesting period paintings.
- Versailles Markets- It is host to an array of bustling markets and street stalls. Top picks for markets in Versailles include the Market of Notre Dame, offering a range of fresh French food from brioche to frog’s legs.
Must-Try Dishes in Versailles
- Cuban Sandwich- Cuban bread with sweet ham, roast pork that is marinated overnight, Swiss cheese, mustard and pickles, and then they use a plancha to heat up the sandwich.
- Croquetas- It consists of ham, chicken, cod, and then yucca, which is a root vegetable and it’s stuffed with picadillo, which is like a ground beef.
- Lechon Asado- The pork is marinated overnight in mojo, which is citrus and garlic and onion and then stuffed.
- Pastel de platano- It’s a layered dish, the first layer is mashed up sweet plantains, then a layer of picadillo, which is the ground beef, and then another layer of plantains, and then it’s covered with cheese.
Gorgeous and glittering Monaco is a tiny royal principality on the French Riviera. It is the most glamorous little stretch of land on the planet. It contains full of narrow and charming streets. It is home to fantastic scenery, deep blue sea, graceful palm trees and vibrant flowers. Along with lush vegetation and balmy weather, Monaco has a good collection of hotels, luxury yachts and restaurants.
Best Time to Visit
April and October are ideal months to vacation in Monaco.
Main Attractions in Monaco
- Monte-Carlo-Monte Carlo is the district with the most glamorous atmosphere and natural beauty. You can enjoy breathtaking seaside views from the gorgeous terrace of Place du Casino.
- Palais du Prince- It is home to the oldest monarchy in the world. Visitors can see the sumptuous Italianate gallery adorned with 16th- and 17th-century frescoes.
- Musee Oceanographique- This is one of the world’s oldest aquarium and also has a museum beside it that took 11 years to build.
- Jardin Exotique- The garden which is gloriously scenic and is a luxuriant place with flourishing vegetation and mesmerizing views of the sea.
- Cathedral- The cathedral is the burial place of the Princes of Monaco and houses tombs of past sovereigns Prince Rainier and Princess Grace and is famous for its Roman-Byzantine style.
Must-Try Dishes in Monaco
- Socca- It’s a thin crepe made with chickpea flour and made on griddles by the stack load in markets and roadside stalls.
- Barbajuan- The national food of Monaco, it is a variety of a fritter stuffed with ricotta cheese and Swiss chard. The fillings include onion, rice, leeks, spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bouillabaisse- The fish is prepared alongside other ingredients, thickened and seasoned with rouille sauce which is made using breadcrumbs, olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic, and saffron.
- Gnocchi- Thick, small, soft dumplings made with dough comprising of mashed potatoes, flour or semolina, with other ingredients like cheese, egg, bread crumbs, and potato. It is often eaten as an appetizer and served with cream, butter-based, or meat sauces.
A port city situated in Southwestern France in the France wine region, boasts of the best collection of famous french wine and the most gracious and elegant gothic architecture. It is known for its authentic french cuisine and of course different types of French wine. The monumental stone structure, attractive nooks, fascinating historic and cultural heritage around every corner is appreciated in the city by the people. This cosmopolitan city never ceases to reveal exciting things about it.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Bordeaux is between May and November.
Main Attractions in Bordeaux
- Miroir D’eau- An iconic place to visit in Bordeaux, the name signifies water mirror. A walk in the evening on the Miroir D'eau shall leave you mesmerized.
- Cathedral St. Andre- This Roman Catholic Church is the finest example of the beauty that Gothic Architecture represents.
- La Cit du Vin- The only cultural center in the world dedicated to understanding and appreciating the tradition of wine.
- Opera House- A storehouse that still echoes through the ages in new art forms and artists.
- Left Bank Quays- One of the most beautiful waterfronts in the world which gives various choices of activity like shopping, sightseeing or just simply chilling out.
- Modern Art Museum- A must go for Art enthusiasts as it contains the best of Contemporary Arts.
Must-try Dishes in Bordeaux
- Caneles- Made from a custard-like batter with rum and vanilla, and a crispy, caramelized outside that comes from being baked in copper tins with a coating of beeswax, caneles are a sweet perfection.
- Cepes- These are typically fried in butter with salt, shallots, parsley and garlic. Try these with an aged Merlot dominated red wine.
- Entrecote a la Bordelaise- It is a rich, juicy, fully satisfying dish often served with a side of pan-fried and seasoned potato slices.
It is one of the top beach destinations in France and must be included in your South of France itinerary. The beautiful city encompasses with charming architecture and urban design, culture and scenery that draws the tourists from all over the world. With its sunny weather and stunning seaside scenery, Nice is a place to enjoy life, admire the beauty of the gardens and the sea and enjoy the beachside fun.
Best time to Visit
The best times to visit Nice are between September to October and mid-March to April.
Main Attractions in Nice
- Vieille Ville- Explore the picturesque old town of Nice.
- Promenade des Anglais- Stroll along the most amblematic street in Nice that follows the curve of the Baie des Anges beaches.
- Parc de la Colline du Chateau- The castle hill in Nice is an idyllic place in the pleasant oasis of greenery, shady trees and rushing waterfalls. Inside the park, boutiques and restaurants as well as the ruins of two old churches are worth seeing.
- Musee Matisse- The Musee Matisse is must-see attraction for art lovers. This delightful museum lies in a historic Genoese villa surrounded by splendid Italianate gardens. It represents an extensive and diverse ensemble of Matisse's works.
- Cathedrale Orthodoxe Russe Saint-Nicolas- It is considered one of the most beautiful Orthodox churches outside of Russia. Inspired by the Muscovite style, the cathedral has a richly decorated interior with many ornamental icons, murals, and carved woodwork, as well as an iconostasis of embossed metal.
- Day trips- You can take a day trip to Cannes and Eze from Nice. Cannes is famous for its art and architecture, beaches and festivals. Whereas the village of Eze is known for its spectacular views, architecture and stunning location above the French Riviera.
Must-Try Dishes in Nice
- Socca- A street food of Nice, socca is thin, crusty chickpea pancake with a soft interior. It’s cooked in a wood oven on a large round steel plate.
- Salade Nicoise- The classic Niçoise salad is a fabulous and filling salad with mesclun, tomatoes, radish, onion, black olives, hard boiled eggs, tuna, and anchovies usually served with olive oil.
- Pissaladiere- A pizza, but not a pizza. This tart is topped with onion, anchovies and olives. It’s an intense dish that’s worth a try.
- Les Petits Farcis- A classic dish takes vegetables such as eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini and stuffs them with ground meat, garlic and bread crumbs. These can be served hot or cold.
A recommended itinerary for a France tour package
Day 1: Arrival at Paris. Check in to the hotel. Day is free at leisure. Overnight in Paris.
Day 2: City tour includes Arc du Triomphe, The Louvre and more. Visit the Eiffel Tower at night. Overnight in Paris.
Day 3: Arrival at Versailles for a half day trip. Visit the Palace of Versailles, Gardens of Versailles etc. Back to Paris by car. Overnight in Paris.
Day 4: Arrival at Monaco by train. Check in to the hotel. Overnight in Monaco.
Day 5: City tour includes Palais du Prince, Musee Oceanographique and more. Overnight in Monaco.
Day 6: Arrival at Nice by train. Check in to the hotel. City tour on your own. Overnight in Nice.
Day 7: Take a day trip to Cannes and Eze village by train. Overnight in Nice.
Day 8: Arrival at Bordeaux by train. Check in to the hotel. Overnight in Bordeaux.
Day 9: City tour includes Esplanade de s Quinconces, Churches of St. Pierre etc. Overnight in Bordeaux.
Day 10: Breakfast. Back to Paris by train. Rest of the day in leisure. Overnight in Paris.
Day 11: Breakfast. Check out of the hotel to fly back home.
Get in Touch
To experience tailor-made France Tour Packages from India, get in touch with our experts on +91 3340525777.