Scandinavia. The name of the place itself invokes romance in a trip-hopper soul. The Nordic capital cities consisting mainly of Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Germany, are usually covered during a Scandinavian cruise tour. From majestic waterfalls to enchanting fjords and the enchanting Aurora Borealis mesmerizing the skies, Scandinavia offers you the experience of a lifetime. And on-board a cruise liner, We bet that this would be a dream come true.
- Foreign tourists require a Schengen Visa for visiting Scandinavian countries.
- The fees are €80 per adult.
- For detailed information, visit https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
Or alternatively, get in touch with us for any query
Best Time for Booking Scandinavian Cruises
July and August are the peak seasons to book Scandinavian Cruises due to summer holidays across the world. That’s why the prices are high.
May, June and September are also a good time to plan your holidays, provided you are however ready to bear the pinch of winters in and around the Baltic. The travel costs during this time go down by quite a few notches and are quieter with fewer crowds.
Why is Cruise Liners best option for Scandinavian tours?
A cruise through the ports of call brings you closer to the ethereal magnificence of nature. And when such experiences are undertaken on an award-winning fleet of modern luxury ships, the memories of Scandinavian tours remain for a lifetime.
Top 5 Scandinavian Cruise Liners
These are the 5 Best Scandinavian Cruises
- Royal Caribbean
- Princess Cruises
- MSC Cruises
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Regent Seven Seas
Cruise Ships As per the Liners
- The Regal Princess Cruise Ship from The Princess Cruises
- Jewel of the Seas from The Royal Caribbean
- MSC Meraviglia from MSC Cruises
- Viking Star from Viking Ocean Cruises
- Seven Seas Splendor from the Regent Seven Seas Cruises
1. The Regal Princess Cruise Ship
Did you know that The Regal Princess Cruise Ship was christened by the original Love Boat Cast, who received the Hollywood Walk of Fame? With their luxury amenities topped by excellence in services, travelling on the Regal Princess cruise is a royal dream come true!
Rooms and Suites:
- upper berths
- balcony cabins
- Inside cabins 1780 staterooms
Food and Dining
- There are 3 separate dining areas for serving a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Depending on the food and beverage package you choose, you are free to dine anytime or book your dinner each night.
- Additionally, there are pizzerias, grill, buffet, burger bar, gelato stand etc.
- Vines Wine Bar- For superior quality tapas and wine
- Horizon Bistro Pastry Shop- A speciality area for baked goodies and watch the chefs live in action
- Atrium- A great place to grab some quick bites and snacks
- Horizon Court Buffet- A speciality restaurant, with Mediterranean and Asian cuisines, a pasta and salad counter, fondue counter and crab shacks
- Yoga and Pilates Sessions
- Seminars on health and fitness
- Nourishing spa sessions
Art and Entertainment:
- Casino- Remains open when on international waters
- The Seawalk- A glass-bottomed walkway towards the stern with a scintillating view of the surrounding outdoors
- Princess Theatre- Accommodation for 925 guests, wide HD screens for viewing Vista Lounge-Live bands & comedians, plus theme parties & special events
- Movie Under the Stars- This is possibly the largest screen under open skies, on the sea. Relax on a lounger, with complimentary snacks and blankets.
- Water and Music Shows- Live performance by comedians, illusionists with dancing fountain and lights
An 11-day cruise, starting from £999 (94,057 INR), with Copenhagen being the most popular embarkment point. You can join the cruise though at different points, as per your convenience.
- Copenhagen (Denmark)- 5 AM-6 PM at the port
- Berlin (Germany) 7 AM-9 PM at port
- Helsinki (Finland) 10 AM- 6 PM
- Oslo (Norway) 8 AM- 10 PM
- Stockholm/ Nynashamn (Sweden) 7AM- 7PM
- St. Petersburg (Russia) 2 Days, 6 AM-6 PM at port
- Tallinn (Estonia) 8 AM- 5 PM at port
2. Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas is a 293-metre radiance class cruise ship. Starting its maiden journey from 2004, the ship has found its place of pride as a luxury cruiser. The ship has a capacity of 2501 passengers on 12 decks.
Rooms and Suites
- Interior Staterooms
- Royal Class Suites
- Spa Staterooms for couples
- Villa Suites for groups
- Spacious Family Suites
Fitness and Sports
- Luxury spa and fitness (Prices will vary as per your service)
- Yoga, Pilates and more by trained instructors
- Roulette and other board games
- Guest entertainers
- Live guest lecturers
- Original showstoppers through musical play, acrobatics etc
- Tango dancers
- Broadway shows
- Captain’s onboard reception
- Pool parties
- Room WiFi
- Stateroom attendant
- 24-hour room service
- Facilities for shopping jewellery, cosmetics, handbags, liquor and more onboard
7 nights Scandinavian and Russian cruise start from 9th May 2021. Starting price of USD 549 (INR
49,198). The journey starts in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Copenhagen, Denmark (Ship departs at 5 PM)
At Sea (Adventure on the ship)
Stockholm, Sweden (Ship docks from 10 AM- 6 PM
(Ship docks from 9.30 AM- 6 PM)
Day 5 & Day 6
St. Petersburg, Russia
(Ship docks from 7 AM- 11.59 PM)
Back to Copenhagen (Ship docks at 6 AM)
3. Seven Seas Splendor
Seven Seas Splendor is a luxurious liner from the bow to the stern. From her opulently stylish interiors to exemplary services and royal comfort, Seven Seas Splendor makes for an exciting partner.
Cruises on Seven Seas Splendor start from $3,099 per person.
Rooms and Suites
375 suites occupying an area of 52, 00 square feet of balcony
Food and Dining
- Compass Rose- Largest Speciality Restaurant on the sea
- Pacific Rim- A restaurant serving Pan-Asian cuisine
- Prime 7- An elegant steakhouse
- Chartreuse- Restaurant serving French cuisines
- Sette Marie La Veranda- An Italian speciality restaurant
- 12-night cruise
- Southampton, London (1 day)
- Bruges, Zeebrugge (1 day)
- Copenhagen (1 day)
- Visby (1 day)
- Liepaja, Latvia (1 day)
- Tallinn (1 day)
- St. Petersburg ( 2 nights)
- Helsinki (1 day)
- Turku ( 1 day)
- Stockholm (1 day)
4. Viking Star
Engineered to fit the best of Scandinavian designs, The Viking Star operated by the Viking Ocean cruises, offer destination-oriented personalized luxury experiences. Cruises on Viking Star start from $5,499 per person.
Rooms and Suites
- 5 different categories of stateroom (All have private verandahs)
- 14 explorer Suites
- Guided tours
- Shore excursions
- Destination performances
- TED Talks, classical music performances
- Open-air walking track & sports deck
- 24-hour Guest Services
- Library corners
15-days Viking Homeland cruise includes:
- St. Petersburg
- The Baltic
5. MSC Meraviglia
MSC Cruises founded in 1987, was built to combine European service with Italian stylishness to offer all a cruise vacation to remember. MSC Cruises fleet of ships travels to various destinations around the globe to bring for you intriguing travel experience.
MSC Meraviglia started sailing from 2017. With state-of-the-art technology, luxury accommodation and the ability to dock at your preferred port, MSC Meraviglia is capable of stunning her tourists. Cruises from this line start from INR 49,978 on twin sharing basis. Ships would sail every Sunday for the months of May to September.
Rooms and Suites
- Suite Aurea (Angled Balcony)
- Duplex Aurea Suite
- Deluxe Suites
- Royal Suites
- Wellness Deluxe Suites
- Interior Suites
- 5- star chef’s tables
- Central Dining Rooms
- Dinner Theatre and Illusionarium
- 24-hour eateries, pubs, cafes, poolside grills, coffee shops and room service
- French speciality service, steakhouse, sushi spots etc
- Kid’s Lounge
- Fitness Centre
- Sports Complex
- Dance Bars
- Spacious Sun Decks
- Comedy Nights
- Magic Shows
- Musical Performances
Departure from Copenhagen, Denmark (6 PM)
Hellesylt-Geiranger, Norway (7.00 AM to 5 PM)
Tallinn, Estonia (8 AM to 7 PM)
Stavanger, Norway (7.00 AM to 9 PM)
Kiel, Germany (7 AM to 7 PM)
Arrival at Copenhagen, Denmark (8 AM)
Things to Keep in Mind while Selecting Scandinavian Cruise Routes
- Even before fixing which routes to take, consider the amount of time you have on your hand, as itineraries vary with the length of your trips.
- Expect your ship to dock at Oslo, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallinn or St. Petersburg. Plan your visit to the best spots in each country that way.
- To spend a long time on the sea, choose a cruise that will depart from Germany or the United Kingdom
- Keep in mind that the time you wish to spend on sea versus the land will alter your itinerary.
- The size of the ship is important because it will affect the itinerary of your journey. Smaller vessels will be able to cruise closer to the coastline and there will be a greater chance to visit off-beat areas. (Visby on the Swedish island of Helsinborg, Southern Sweden)
- Larger cruise ships will stick to usual routes and they would dock at the popular cities of the Scandinavian region.
Chalk out the facilities you expect on board before booking your cruise. The more luxury liner it is, the more variety you would find on food, stay and activities
Checklists for Scandinavian Cruise:
- Confirm the countries you will visit, with your credit or debit card. This would prevent any hassle during withdrawing money.
- Not every Scandinavian nation you visit use Euro as their currency. In that case, you need to exchange your home currency for that country’s currency.
- Always carry spare waterproof jackets, gloves or warm clothing because different countries could see sudden weather changes.
- Carry appropriate pairs of footwear that match your casual or formal outfit.
- Which are the countries covered on a Scandinavian/Baltic cruise?
Usually, the countries covered are Russia, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Sweden and Estonia.
- Do I require a passport or visa?
International visitors require a passport
- Is English a spoken language there?
Though not in frequent usage, tourist areas do have English speaking staff
- What is the local currency? Can I get my currency exchanged?
Euro is the local currency. You can get your currency exchanged at hotels and airports.
- Any requirement for medical precautions?
Check with your healthcare provider for further information on shots or vaccination.
Time to plan that coveted cruise abroad! For any information and assistance, do connect with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 3340525777.