From the picturesque sand dunes of Mui-ne, untouched islets, serene mountains, gorgeous beaches to the ancient pagodas and citadels, Vietnam is charismatic luring travellers from across the globe. Whether you are a nature buff or a history and culture enthusiast, Vietnam’s charm will leave you awe-struck. With fascinating natural beauty, warm hospitality, interesting traditions, exotic cuisine and more, Vietnam is a truly enigmatic holiday destination. Vietnam is well connected with daily flights from major Indian cities as well as major overseas destinations. Indian travellers can avail visa on arrival at a nominal cost. Customize your Vietnam tour package for an unparalleled holiday experience.
Vietnam’s tourism industry has been developing at a rapid speed over the past few years as more and more people plan to spend their holidays in the beautiful country. Foreign tourists to Vietnam are reaching record highs. The number of arrivals was 15 million in 2018, representing a doubling of the rate from six years earlier, according to global retail and investment bank HSBC.
Vietnam is historically known for its old war sites and secret tunnels, but there is more to this country. From the adventures of Halong Bay to the quaint little town of Hoi An, there are various unique attractions to explore on your Vietnam holidays. The country also organizes many interesting events, such as the marathons in Da Nang and Sa Pa, the bicycle race in the old imperial capital of Hue that attract international tourists.
While planning your itinerary to Vietnam, here are the things to consider:
There’s a lot to explore in Vietnam. Spend a day at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Halong Bay; book a day tour of the dynamic metropolis, Ho Chi Minh City; visit the Imperial City, Hue, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; relax in the resort city of Nha Trang; be amazed in the cultural capital of Vietnam, Hanoi and more.
Dotted with 1,600 limestone islands and islets, Halong Bay portrays a surrealistic scenery. There’s plenty of activities that can be planned on your Halong Bay visit. Cruising, shopping and gorging on Vietnamese delicacies offer travellers a joyous experience. Adventure enthusiasts can go fishing, swimming, snorkeling and kayaking, trekking and cycling. When customizing your Vietnam tour package, you can opt for Halong Bay day cruise, a two-day adventure cruise or take the seaplane tour along with a night cruise.
Hanoi resembles an open-air museum of historic French and Asian colonial architecture that has retained much of its charm over the years. From quaint cafes to the Grand Opera House; scenic boulevards to busy markets; from the Presidential Palace to Saint Joseph’s Cathedral, Hanoi is picture perfect. Enjoy a relaxed tour to this scenic location.
UNESCO-listed and a popular town for expats, Hoi An is a charming historical old town dating back to the 15th century. Offering a glimpse into the old world way of Vietnamese lifestyle, Hoi An translates to a ‘peaceful meeting place’. This enigmatic town houses a variety of historical buildings, pagodas and the 18th century Japanese Bridge.
For history enthusiasts, a trip to Hue is exhilarating. The town is packed to the brim with relics from the reign of the 19th-century Nguyen emperors. A riverboat cruise on the Perfume River offers insight into ancient pagodas and tombs.
With towering mountains, scenic beaches and verdant islands, Nha Trang makes one of the most relaxed places to spend a holiday in Vietnam. The city is a heaven for scuba divers and beach lovers.
World Heritage-listed Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park is regarded as one of the world’s best caving destinations. Home to superb stalactite and stalagmite displays, it’s a dramatic karst mountain formation honeycombed with huge caverns. Explore the Paradise Cave, Tu Lan Cave – a wet cave accessed by swimming through the cave-systems river and Phong Nha Caves accessed by boat.
Surrounded by scenic mountains, rice terraces, Sa Pa is a beautiful town that is frequently used as a base for trekking in the Hoang Lien Son Mountains and touring rice paddies and traditional villages.
A perfect gateway to the local life; gorgeously decked with paddy field vistas and mangroves; with floating markets to explore by boat, the Mekong delta is one of the most interesting regions for travelers to discover.
Vietnam’s natural wonders, exotic temples, ancient citadels, mountainous villages and shared history beckons a fascinating holiday. Take the time to explore the country away from the hustle bustle of city life. Opt for a customized Vietnam tour package and carefully handcraft your holiday experience.
Customize your Vietnam tour package to include visits to:
- Son Doong Cave – offering one of the best trekking experiences in the world;
- the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long -an intriguing relic of Vietnam’s historic past;
- Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum – the resting place of Vietnam’s iconic leader Ho Chi Minh is a popular attraction to explore in Hanoi for history buffs;
- Cu Chi Tunnels are part of a massive war museum in Ho Chi Minh offering visitors a sneak-peek at the underground life of Vietnamese soldiers back in 1948;
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park known for its ancient limestone karsts, mountains, tropical forests and underground rivers and awe-inspiring caves including the popular Son Doong cave and Phong Nha cave. On your visit you may spot tigers, black bears and elephants;
- War Remnants Museum houses details of the Vietnam War and the first Indochina War; My Son Sanctuary preserves relics of the ancient Champa civilization;
- Complex of Hue Monuments – aligned cosmologically with the Five Cardinal Points (centre, west, east, north, south), the Five Elements (earth, metal, wood, water, fire), and the Five Colours (yellow, white, blue, black, red),Complex of Hue Monuments is one of the most interesting attractions in Vietnam.
For beach lovers, some of Vietnam’s best beaches are:
- Long Beach in Phu Quoc Island – Dotted with beachfront resorts, restaurants, cafés and bars offering breathtaking sunset views, Long Beach is a perfect location to unwind and relax during your Vietnam holiday.
- My Khe Beach in Da Nang – Regarded as one of Vietnam’s most scenic beaches, My Khe Beach is popular for surfing and sunbathing. There are a few luxury resorts where you can spend time pampering yourself.
- Cat Ba Island Halong Bay – Considered to be the largest island in Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island has some of the most spectacular resorts, restaurants with the best views of Halong Bay. Spend quality time with your loved ones.
- An Bang Beach in Hoi An – Housing an array of beachfront resorts, hippy bars and seafood restaurants offering gorgeous views of the adjoining Marble Mountains, Da Nang Bay and Cham Island, An Bang Beach is one of the less frequented ones. So, if you are looking for a calm, quiet ambience head to An Bang Beach.
- Hon Chong Beach in Nha Trang – Often called the Riviera of the South China Sea, Nha Trang beaches offer a myriad of sightseeing and recreational activities for visitors looking to soak up the sun during their holiday. Hon Chong is one such beach where you can engage in a lot of activities.
Top 3 best beach resorts in Vietnam:
- Premier Village Danang Resort by Accorhotels: This is the perfect destination for travellers who seek a luxury hideaway. Located closest to Hoi An and Hue, the Premier Village Danang Resort features 111 beautiful villas, well-equipped with modern amenities available in four distinctive styles: the Garden View, Ocean Access, or Beachfront residences.
- InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort: Located in the picture-perfect Danang, InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort features 201 luxurious rooms, suites, penthouses and villas. Flaunting traditional Vietnamese decor, the resort offers high-tech modern amenities to make your stay a luxurious experience.
- Banyan Tree Lang Co: Nestled between the East Vietnam Sea and the Truong Son mountain range, Banyan Tree Lăng Cô features luxurious all-pool villas for a grand experience. Nearby attractions include three UNESCO-listed World Heritage Sites: Hoi An Ancient Town, The Imperial Citadel of Hue and My Son Sanctuary.
Delicacies to consider while holidaying in Vietnam:
Vietnamese cuisine has its own and unique appeal to gourmets across the world. Foodies all over the globe consider Vietnam paradise for food lovers. Have a glance at the top 5 must-try delicacies of Vietnam:
- Pho – One of the most staple Vietnamese delicacies, Pho is a preparation of rice noodles dipped in a flavourful soup topped with meat and greens.
- Banh mi – A Vietnamese toasted baguette sandwich with pickled vegetables, pate, butter, soy sauce, cilantro, chilies, and hot peppers
- Banh xeo – The base is made of rice flour, coconut milk, and turmeric filled with vermicelli noodles, chicken, pork or beef slices, shrimps, sliced onions, beansprouts, and mushrooms.
- Goi Cuon – Translucent spring rolls packed with minced pork, shrimp, coriander and varied greens.
- Cao lau – Thick rice-flour noodles, bean sprouts and pork-rind croutons dipped in a light soup flavoured with star anise and mint, topped with pork and served with grilled rice-flour crackers or sprinkled with crispy rice paper.
Travel checklist for Indian travellers to Vietnam:
- Vietnam is among those scenic countries where Indian travellers can opt for visa on arrival making your dream to holiday in Vietnam a hassle-free reality. That’s more than enough reasons to get you book your Vietnam tour package!
- Though US Dollars are widely used by travellers to make bookings, it is good to carry a certain amount of Vietnamese Dong with you to pay for meals at local restaurants or buy souvenirs from the local merchants.
- If you’re a pro in your bargaining skills, you will love to purchase merchandise at discounted deals. Vietnam is one of the most affordable holiday destinations all over the world. Do visit the Ben Thanh Market in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Vietnam has a lot to explore and experience, plan a holiday for at least 10 days and make sure your itinerary is completely personalised.
- Getting acquainted with basic Vietnamese phrases such as ‘hi’ or ‘Chào’, ‘good morning’ or ‘chào buổi sáng’ and so on would be a great idea before you plan your holidays.
- Vietnam’s weather is not quite consistent. Try packing varied and appropriate dresses. However, do remember travelling light is ideally recommended when you have a packed scheduled itinerary.
- The country’s Wi-Fi networks are superb, make use of it whenever necessary while you travel to locate attractions, find out information etc.
- Vietnam serves amazingly delicious street food, try some!
- Try having packaged drinking water.
- Don’t miss out the unique Halong Bay cruising experience.
How to choose the best package for your Vietnam tour? – At A Glance:
- Reach out to customized holiday specialists: Instead of opting for group tour packages following the same itinerary for all the travellers, customize your itinerary for a completely personalized experience. Reach out to travel planners specializing in customized holiday packages. You shall be able to book your choice of airline, hotels and visit attractions you wish to explore.
- Design your itinerary based on your budget: With a customized Vietnam tour package you can design an itinerary depending on your budget. You don’t need to splurge if you are not willing to. Convey your approx estimated budget and preferences to your trip planner so that they can craft the best package for you.
- Look out for unique experiences: There are certain experiences unique to a specific country, do not miss out on those that are unique in Vietnam on your holidays such as the Halong Bay cruise.
Plan a customized Vietnam tour package and enjoy a holiday in the pristine land just the way you desire. A personalized itinerary shall help you explore Vietnam in a unique and unparalleled way. Itineraries differ based on your choices of transportation, accommodation, meals, service, your companions, your idea of spending a holiday and so on. Hence, getting a tailor-made Vietnam tour package is highly recommended. For further assistance and queries, you may get in touch with our holiday experts and we shall be happy to help.